An idea to increase season tickets

I was wondering if the AD might consider getting current season ticket holders to aid them in the effort to increase total season ticket holders.

The AD could print off a list of recent season ticket holders who have not renewed in the past few years.  

Give this list with phone numbers to the current season ticket holders in good standing and have them call on these who have not renewed and encourage them to “re-up”.  

Maybe do it old school phone bank style and buy some pizzas and invite the callers to come back to campus and make it fun.  Thoughts?

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

I was wondering if the AD might consider getting current season ticket holders to aid them in the effort to increase total season ticket holders.

The AD could print off a list of recent season ticket holders who have not renewed in the past few years.  

Give this list with phone numbers to the current season ticket holders in good standing and have them call on these who have not renewed and encourage them to “re-up”.  

Maybe do it old school phone bank style and buy some pizzas and invite the callers to come back to campus and make it fun.  Thoughts?

Pepperoni?

• Haha 3

On 7/30/2024 at 7:36 PM, cousin oliver said:

Would have worked in 1994

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Udomann said:

Been tempted to visit the trailer. Is it a long wait usually?

I have not been to the new trailer yet, but I hope to soon. image.jpeg

• Upvote 3

You order at the window. Wait is about 15 minutes. Go into East Side and grab that new NT beer (or beverage of choice) while you are waiting. They have a individual sized deep dish, one pizza type each day (Sunday it was a cheese and basil that was pretty awesome) or you can get their traditional rectangle slice with ingredient options.

GMG

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, untcampbell said:

Let me count those re's.  I think you included Sanger.

The great thing is that the taste has remained consistent, right down to that tangy sauce they use in the deep dish.

GMG

I noticed the sign under the window had three re's. I was thinking the same thing: Sanger, trailer 1, and trailer 2. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, GRN-WHT said:

I can’t tell if this is serious or parody. 

So what do the people who actually get paid by the AD to perform this job do?

The answer to your question is right there in the original post...it's not like they won't be doing their part.   

"The AD could print off a list of recent season ticket holders who have not renewed in the past few years."  

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

8 minutes ago, Big Z said:

10 years later you get a call 

I've received calls from Hannah.  Nice girl.  Just having a tough time justifying purchasing tickets again and committing to 10 hours on the highway.

• Upvote 1

There should be a referral program in place for people to get their friends, family, neighbors, and former classmates to buy season tickets.

The Athletic Dept should also have a table setup at every Alumni Association event in TX trying to get people to buy tickets.  If the staffers aren't available, then reach out to Alum Association season tickets holders to staff the table.  Offer them referral money or discounts off their next season's tickets for providing a contact that the actual AD ticket people can convert to a sold seat.

I can also assume there's a lot of Denton area events like Jazz Fest, NT County Fair, etc that out ticket office could also man a booth at.  Not sure why we're not one of the tents at places like the Byron Nelson or The Colonial, which both have tents from all sorts of people selling stuff a lot less fun than sporting events tickets.  If anything, you're just trying to add names to a marketing list, if you convert those additions to 1 game or season tickets holders down the line and for many years to come, you were successful.  Understanding the marketing funnel seems to escape our AD's abilities.  

• Upvote 2

Having been a season ticket holder for around 50 years, I have forgotten a lot of things.  However, I do remember this being attempted in the past.  Not sure of exactly when or the details now, but maybe some of the "old timers" can help me out.   I believe the current season ticket holders were asked to try and get 5 new ones from people they knew.  Points were awarded and there were some prizes at the end, but I don't remember what.  I believe the current season ticket holders were called "Ambassadors" or something similar.  I don't recall if it involved all current season ticket holders or some who the AD chose to participate.  Too much gone on since then to remember the specifics.

I don't recall how successful the program was, but assume not very much so or it would have continued.  

Anyone remember this program that could add details?

Also want to give out kudos to Hannah as others have.  She has been very helpful  to me and in contact often.  I think she is the best head of the ticket office we have had!

• Upvote 1