Feel so much uncertainty this season

Things are very quiet rn for UNT but I don't see that as a bad thing. Hoping it just means the team is working out smoothly, as you should in the offseason. Every other day we see a Georgia football player being arrested so maybe we're lucky to be so incognito lol

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, GoGreenBeans said:

Things are very quiet rn for UNT but I don't see that as a bad thing. Hoping it just means the team is working out smoothly, as you should in the offseason. Every other day we see a Georgia football player being arrested so maybe we're lucky to be so incognito lol

Yeah would better to have it quiet versus being in trouble.

• Upvote 3

No new is good news...

That said, this program has a lot riding on this first game, in my opinion this is a must win game.  Morris has had plenty of time to asses this teams needs, over a full year of recruiting, he should have the team he wants and in position to win this season.  If Morris is indeed the right man to lead this program then he will prove it with this game.  

A week 1 loss and this team is heading for disaster, probably looking at a 1-4 start, and then the schedule gets hard! 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, MrAlien said:

No new is good news...

Not really.  I would like to see more news, media, promotions, advertising, signage.  It builds momentum for fans.  

The dominant news block on the official Athletics site is for North Texas blond ale.  Great, but does that really get fans pumped to be in the stadium for a game?   

https://meangreensports.com/

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

Seems like there is so much uncertainty about the UNT football 🏈 program and the sport of college football itself in the 2024 season.  Am I alone here?

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

Seems like there is so much uncertainty about the UNT football 🏈 program and the sport of college football itself in the 2024 season.  Am I alone here?

Best get used to it. Every season is now Schrödinger's football. New team every year. You just gotta let the fallout tell you what you're going to get after the season.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

I feel uncertain too. No news on the athletic center expansion. No breaking stories about anything. I want to be positive. I even pick up an additional season ticket for this year. The defense still scares the crap out of me. Until we see some improvement in an actual game, it's hard not to have concerns.

But my biggest concern is if we got better mercenaries than the other teams in our conférence. I truly believe that the program that won the portal Olympics in the off-season, will win the conference and earn that first G5 playoff spot. Right now, my money is on Memphis.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I feel uncertain too. No news on the athletic center expansion. No breaking stories about anything. I want to be positive. I even pick up an additional season ticket for this year. The defense still scares the crap out of me. Until we see some improvement in an actual game, it's hard not to have concerns.

But my biggest concern is if we got better mercenaries than the other teams in our conférence. I truly believe that the program that won the portal Olympics in the off-season, will win the conference and earn that first G5 playoff spot. Right now, my money is on Memphis.

Solid post.  Just don’t feel like the recruiting puzzle has been figured out by this staff.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Solid post.  Just don’t feel like the recruiting puzzle has been figured out by this staff.

We'll find out in a month.  One month till kickoff at Sou. Bama.