Jacobite Freaking Hayes!!

4 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I wonder if UNT offered him the chance to play WR/CB and that’s why he picked us. Maybe other schools told him to pick a position. Either way, how awesome! 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Which site has him as a 4 star? Not taking anything away from the kid. I really like his film.

85 grade 3 star 24/7

No ranking On3

No ranking Rivals

He put it in his twitter bio but no reference to the ranking.  Could be one of the in state local places that rated him as such.  I don't care what star he is I really like his tape.  He can MOVE

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Shark84 said:

What are the odds that he actually suits up for us? If he has a great senior year, the NIL cash from the big boys will increase. When they say 1000% committed, that is usually the kiss of death.

I agree with other posters, if losing kids to NIL is all that's on your mind, keep it to yourself or rant on another one of other countless doomsday threads.

We had a whole year to lose Cash McCollum and it looks like he'll be suiting up for us.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

According to this, he's going to be playing both ways for us:

Coach Gennero would approve.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/27/2024 at 7:47 PM, Jonnyeagle said:

Excited but it won’t be for long sadly because of NIL.

Yep….If he’s a standout after a couple of years at the UNT farm club, it’s off to Ole Miss, Georgia, UCLA, or anyone of the other Power 4….such it the state of college football courtesy of NIL, the NCAA and the sports media ! 

God bless the coaches who have to tolerate this revolving door after spending their time recruiting and coaching them, only to see them plucked out the nest as they reach their pennacle,

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 4

35 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I wish the mods would do away with the red down vote.  Or, members giving down votes had to identify themselves.

I wish they’d take care of that after they get the name corrected in this thread title🤣

On 7/28/2024 at 2:25 PM, Matt from A700 said:

I agree with other posters, if losing kids to NIL is all that's on your mind, keep it to yourself or rant on another one of other countless doomsday threads.

We had a whole year to lose Cash McCollum and it looks like he'll be suiting up for us.

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

It's a real thing. A real problematic thing for lil ole schools like us. No need to not bring it up, it's not going away. It will continue to haunt our roster for the foreseeable future.