Poor soul. Prayers to him and best wishes for a quick recovery. He's among the demographics that have an elevated risk of serious complications and this is his third bout. Hopefully he's well enough to remain in office for the duration of his term even if its just remaining as a figurehead.

• Upvote 4
  • RV 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

I've heard rumors for months that the plan was to have him withdraw late in the election cycle and have someone else swoop in and try to gain a boost in the polls to defeat Trump.  Then a day or so ago there were some big money democrat donors who had an assload of money to throw in to defeat Trump, but they told the democrat party that to get the money, they had to find someone else to run.  They would not, in any way, donate the money to Biden's reelection.

It may all be smoke, but it's definitely interesting timing.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

With the leaders of the Democratic Party, Schumer, Pelosi, Jefferies, etc calling for him to step aside, it is only a matter of time. I find it funny that they are now pulling their money when it has been obvious for quite a while that Biden has been struggling. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

6 hours ago, Rudy said:

I've heard rumors for months that the plan was to have him withdraw late in the election cycle and have someone else swoop in and try to gain a boost in the polls to defeat Trump.  Then a day or so ago there were some big money democrat donors who had an assload of money to throw in to defeat Trump, but they told the democrat party that to get the money, they had to find someone else to run.  They would not, in any way, donate the money to Biden's reelection.

It may all be smoke, but it's definitely interesting timing.

This may be accurate and the covid is just an act. Biden had said a day ago in Las Vegas that he may quit the race only if he has health issues. 

Now it's revealed that Obama has requested that Biden step aside and Biden is conveniently secluded with family at home.

8xgmw2.jpg

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ADLER said:

This may be accurate and the covid is just an act. Biden had said a day ago in Las Vegas that he may quit the race only if he has health issues. 

Now it's revealed that Obama has requested that Biden step aside and Biden is conveniently secluded with family at home.

Big shocker.  During briefing months ago, when I first heard of Biden dropping out at the last minute, one of the possible replacements was none other that......Michelle.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Big shocker.  During briefing months ago, when I first heard of Biden dropping out at the last minute, one of the possible replacements was none other that......Michelle.

Please, Michelle didn't even want Obama to run for a 2nd term. 

• Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 minute ago, Coffee and TV said:

Please, Michelle didn't even want Obama to run for a 2nd term. 

And she has also said she had no interest, but can you honestly say nothing is off the tables at this point?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rudy said:

And she has also said she had no interest, but can you honestly say nothing is off the tables at this point?

Idk if honestly is the right word but I'm pretty confident she's off the table. If there's any replacement I think it'll be Kamala, but really they should have been grooming Gretchen Whitmer for the job the last few years. 

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

10 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I know there's probably a ton of hoops to jump through for it, but you put Gretchen Whitmer on the ticket and you can basically take the election to the bank. 

Younger and progressive, but not TOO progressive. Nothing really dicey that I know of in her political career. Michigan seems to really love her. Good economics.

I'm not big on the Kamala takeover, but Biden absolutely has to stand aside or the left is toast.

Fingers crossed for some changes that will grow the country instead of stagnant old white men bickering.

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Let's see. Biden is "confirmed" as having contracted covid and is in the early contagious stages", yet he is talking closely to people and he's not even wearing a N-19 mask?

Air Force 1  bolted from Las Vegas to Wilmington in 3 hours 48 minutes and Biden was instantly whisked away to his beach house. Pool reporters aboard Air Force 1 said that the jet was being pushed so hard that it was shaking.

This doesn't sound like a medical emergency, it sounds like a tantrum.

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

27 minutes ago, Rudy said:

And Michelle Obama has also said she had no interest, but can you honestly say nothing is off the tables at this point?

Well, if we can't get one of Obama's family members, can we maybe get one of Obama's neighbors, one of Obama's drinking buddies, or one of Obama's lawn attendants?

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Well, if we can't get one of Obama's family members, can we maybe get one of Obama's neighbors, one of Obama's drinking buddies, or one of Obama's lawn attendants?

Maybe his golf partner?

20 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Put Gretchen Whitmer on the ticket and you can basically take the election to the bank. 

Younger and progressive, but not TOO progressive. Nothing really dicey that I know of in her political career.

She fleeced the hell out of our country by having Biden buy the loyalty of the UAW under the name of the Green New Scam. US taxpayers are paying a fortune to the automakers for this electric car scam. It's a cash grab by the automakers and the UAW members but the only long term beneficiary is the People's Republic of China.

Hard Pass.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Udomann said:

Fingers crossed for some changes that will grow the country instead of stagnant old white men bickering.

With liberals, it's all Sunshine, Unicorns, and Lollipops as long as we dislike the right people.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

Just now, ADLER said:

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know you were a racist.

Before mandatory denial, think how that would sound if any other demographic were used.

Is it required you have to insult someone everytime you post, or just compulsory?

Anyways, you are a known quantity now. I'd rather have chats with others with more diverse views now. You've just ensured with your last 2 posts this thread will get locked anyway.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, Udomann said:

Is it required you have to insult someone everytime you post, or just compulsory?

Their leader makes them think that's just how you do things when it comes to politics. No actual debate, no actual facts or fact-checking, just deflection and bully tactics. I mean look who he surrounds himself with at the convention no less - the biggest sycophants. If they had an ounce of integrity they'd kick people like MTG out of the party, but instead they fundraise on her mental disability and let her be the kingmaker. It's so funny to watch all of their politicians just get constantly cuckold because they're too afraid of going against him. Just look at what happens to the Republicans who dare speak up, they're immediately ostracized and primaried.  

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 2

25 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Their leader makes them think that's just how you do things when it comes to politics. No actual debate, no actual facts or fact-checking, just deflection and bully tactics.

Thing is, if the republican candidates weren't so far right that they took a left instead I'd be willing to listen and entertain listening to them and policies if they could tell us what they are. It's just a very hateful regime right now. 

We can't go back to the 1950s, but we also can't sustain the economics of today. But nobody actually has actually talked about a real plan, just what they pinky swear they did in office and they are totally better than the other guy. It's all crap.

Just give us something different. Not a guy who is literally turning into human jerky before our eyes, or an orange toddler.

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

19 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Not a guy who is literally turning into human jerky before our eyes, or an orange toddler.

Well if Obama is saying it's time for Joe to step aside then you just might get your wish. At least in Texas the presidential vote doesn't really matter and you can go 3rd party or skip over it. 

• Eye Roll 1

55 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Thing is, if the republican candidates weren't so far right that they took a left instead I'd be willing to listen and entertain listening to them and policies if they could tell us what they are. It's just a very hateful regime right now. 

We can't go back to the 1950s, but we also can't sustain the economics of today. But nobody actually has actually talked about a real plan, just what they pinky swear they did in office and they are totally better than the other guy. It's all crap.

Just give us something different. Not a guy who is literally turning into human jerky before our eyes, or an orange toddler.

Tell me, exactly, which conservative policies are so far to the right? 

However, it's starting to be a universal opinion, some can objectify into facts, that it's democrats that have more leaning further and harder. 

But, back to the question, tell me the conservative policies that make you squirm....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

42 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Tell me, exactly, which conservative policies are so far to the right? 

However, it's starting to be a universal opinion, some can objectify into facts, that it's democrats that have more leaning further and harder. 

But, back to the question, tell me the conservative policies that make you squirm....

I'll do you a favor and not even dive into Project 2025 (which he totally knows nothing about...wink) or his vow to become a dictator first day in office, or threatening legal peril to all his opponents. Nope. That would be like handing me a softball. 

So... (inhales)...

Blocking any border policy unless he passes it... because foreigners in a country built by immigrants are bad until they aren't. or are? I dunno, ask his guys, they blocked it.

Women's reproductive rights. An adulterer and rapist should not be telling my daughter what her rights are

Anyone that isn't on their side is a commie... uh... fascist... uh woke... uh... I don't know. It's been years of slandering people with hate. You pick.

Claiming he would have solved the Ukraine war day 1. Without any actual policy? Israel/Hamas... again with no policy? Unless he's sleeping with Putin, it's just more false promises. 

Afghanistan pull out...that he started. But It's Biden's fault!

Complete and utter nonsense regarding an economy he set to fail by handing out stimulus to every individual and corporation without thinking that printing money could lead to inflation. Was it a bad decision? maybe not. But you damn well know it causes inflation. Econ 101

His immaculate golf game (ok, not a policy, but good for a laugh). He gifted himself his own trophy by making up the results

Immunity for him by stacking a supreme court. Because cheating on your wife and paying off prostitutes is an official act? Starting an insurrection? Stealing documents? Trying to overthrow an election? Threatening people?

That stupid "save act", like people who couldn't register to vote would be able to vote? It's basically table setting to complain about a stolen election before anything even happens

Handling of climate change. Yes, let's bury our heads in the sand because it cost money. But...lets also cut the taxes on corporations and millionaires who are driving the change. You WILL be paying more under Trump. That's how economics work. Corporations pay less, you pay more. But he promises you won't!

The silly fact is, they don't even have policies. It's just hate, slandering, bickering, and blame throwing.

So far, the only *real* policies he's preached during campaigning is not taxes on tips, removing the EV mandate, and deporting immigrants on day 1. And jailing his opponents because he's a big orange baby.

What policies of his do you agree with? And, again, this is not even touching the low hanging fruit there. But of nearly every promise he makes, it has absolutely no basis in reality. But as long as he sells bibles and swears he went to church, he's a good guy!

We'd be voting in a cheat, a liar, and adulterer, a rapist, a narcissist, a con man, a criminal, a sycophant, a pretender, and a hedonistic man child. That's not who we should be handing America to

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

58 minutes ago, Udomann said:

and deporting immigrants on day 1.

This is just a new version of build the wall mexico will pay for it, but even if you think that those people don't belong here, what an absolutely enormous tanking the economy would immediately endure. You think inflation is bad under Biden (yet lower than so many other western countries in the same time frame), wait until you disappear 15 million people overnight or within a month or even a year. It would make black Tuesday look like a minor blip in history. It's an incredibly stupid stupid idea even if you take out the human or logistical elements of it. 

Also, I think this sums up trump and his entire cult in a nutshell.

https://nypost.com/2024/07/15/us-news/corey-comperatores-widow-refused-biden-call-after-trump-rally-shooting/

SARVER, Pa. — The heartbroken widow of Corey Comperatore, the hero firefighter shot dead by a sniper at a Donald Trump rally, wanted nothing to do with President Biden when he called after the tragedy, she told The Post.

“I didn’t talk to Biden,” Helen Comperatore said from her Pennsylvania home Monday. “I didn’t want to talk to him. My husband was a devout Republican and he would not have wanted me to talk to him.”

Helen Comperatore said it was supposed to be an “exciting day” for the family to support Trump.

When the shots rang out, her husband instinctively shouted, “Get down,” and used his body to shield his family from the sniper’s bullets — and it cost him his life.

She said the former president has not reached out — but Biden’s call wasn’t welcome.

That's from 2 days ago, but he's called her since. 

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Puking Eagle 1