Four ACC schools finalizing joining FSU and Clemson in the Big 12

17 hours ago, rcade said:

FSU and Clemson will never be content in the ACC because the revenue per school is significantly smaller than in the SEC and Big 10. This trend is getting worse instead of better and isn't helped by the ACC adding three schools with the lowest TV ratings in the conference.

The only possible way to avoid an exit of the conference powers is to divide TV revenue unequally and let the big dogs eat.

Speaking of FSU, I visited a site that recalled their game at Fouts with us in 1976...in the snow. 

Yes, we hosted Florida State at Fouts Field.  We should be able to get them to DATCU too!   Still the best uniforms we ever had...

https://www.garnetandgreat.com/2008/04/another-bowden.html

Another Bowden First: FSU wins in the snow

1976 was FSU's season of rebirth under a new head coach. And no victory was more improbable than the game in which a bunch of Sunshine State kids beat North Texas State on a snow covered field.

Kurt Unglaub slushed 91-yards with a Jimmy Black pass for one TD. Later, it was his 2-point conversion catch -- from halfback Larry Key, no less -- with 2:13 left to seal a 21 - 20 outcome. Listen to what Kurt remembers most about that special day in our second Unglaub Audio Extra. 

Fsuntex_snow_game

med_res

image.png.3e3523d0eb2c53d33c55932da05a7372.png

• Thanks 1

In an alternate universe we won that game over Florida State, Hayden Fry leads North Texas to decades of success and national championships and by 2024 nobody remembers Bobby Bowden. I have washboard abs well into my fifties and keep having to tell women who approach me that I'm married.

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1