Bleed Green Update - 1st Game Friday July 19th

• Harry featured this topic
4 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

everyone is back except one player. Then we have added Tyree Eady, Shannon Shorter, and Deng.

Eady is meen green basketball through and through tough physical guard.  Shorter is a very experienced pro and he looks to be in really, really good shape.  dj, coach hodge, and jj all talk about deng's heart and is refusal to lose any individual battle.

So yeah, not only do we have one more year of experience but our roster is better and deeper.....

I know I am questioning the GM, but was Huntsberry on the team last year?

• Eye Roll 1

25 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I watched the highlight replay last night.  I had never seen the “77 game point” before.  Is this unique to TBT or is it also found in international or olympic rules ?

I think you're referring to the Elam Ending.  This is one of the selling points of this tournament, and been a part of it since 2018.

Designed to preserve a more natural end of game finish, the Elam Ending® calls for the game clock to be shut off in the fourth quarter. A Target Score is set by adding 8 points to the leading team’s score. The first team to reach the Target Score wins. For example, if the score is 80-72, the Target Score becomes 88. The first team to reach 88 wins. Once the game clock is eliminated, trailing teams are allowed to focus on getting stops, rather than preventing the clock from running out. This results in great defense and pure basketball possessions all the way through the end.

After testing the format out in 2017, The Basketball Tournament (TBT) implemented it for all games beginning in 2018. The results were eye-opening. Not only did players embrace the concept, but it also led to a markedly more electrifying and intense experience for fans.

https://thetournament.com/tbt/elam-ending/

Edited by greenminer
  • Thanks 1

I’m sure everyone know this, but

CEBL= Canadian Elite Basketball League

ELAM ENDING=Developed by and named for Nick Elam, a professor at Ball State University.   Every game ends on a made basket.

Edited by greenjoe