UTD is bullying us

This is a North Texas fan site, discussing another university in the DFW area and somehow  a supporter from the University of Houston not only reads the entire post, but feels the need to comment.  I looked at the Houston fan site and at Ponyfans and I saw no evidence of North Texas’s lurkers there.  But GOMEANGREEN posts virtually anything and our bored friends from Dallas and Houston think they need to contribute.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 minute ago, greenjoe said:

This is a North Texas fan site, discussing another university in the DFW area and somehow  a supporter from the University of Houston not only reads the entire post, but feels the need to comment.  I looked at the Houston fan site and at Ponyfans and I saw no evidence of North Texas’s lurkers there.  But GOMEANGREEN posts virtually anything and our bored friends from Dallas and Houston think they need to contribute.  

I, for one, appreciate the valuable insights from our friends in Houston.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

On 7/12/2024 at 12:00 PM, Hunter Green said:

I will say their ads stress their "superior" academics while our ads stress low cost, good food, fun times.  IMHO, they market to the more serious student while we market for numbers and diversity. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you want, but may be one reason we're not taken seriously as a top flight university in spite of our Tier One status. I may be wrong but I've always taken issue with our advertising that looks almost juvenile when compared to say...UTD. Our latest commercial shows a recent grad accepting an entry level, office cubicle job. Probably realistic, but not exactly lofty goals. I'd like to see us stress our academically diverse opportunities through our System (medical school, law school) and the lofty positions earned by it. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud to be an alum and I'm not slamming anyone's degree or professional standing. My beef is with our marketing strategy.  That is all.

So much truth here.....

• Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1