WoW!! stunning development!! B12 may be adding FSU and Clemson +4

43 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Even if the removal of the big brands from the ACC they will still carry some brand recognition and they're not going to just lay down. They'll be looking to backfill and move forward. 

Washington State Prez says the ACC is in a very similar situation to the PAC...before it was picked apart. 

If the SEC/B1G take ~4 schools total, then the Big12 could snatch another ~6, leaving the unwanted to either the AAC/MWC/or new PAC.   I can see P3 in the future.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Washington State Prez says the ACC is in a very similar situation to the PAC...before it was picked apart. 

If the SEC/B1G take ~4 schools total, then the Big12 could snatch another ~6, leaving the unwanted to either the AAC/MWC/or new PAC.   I can see P3 in the future.  

Rumor mill is pushing FSU, Clemson, ND and Miami to the big12 due to indifference from the big10/sec. If so, there are still big brands remaining and they will want to backfill. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

3 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Rumor mill is pushing FSU, Clemson, ND and Miami to the big12 due to indifference from the big10/sec. If so, there are still big brands remaining and they will want to backfill. 

LOL, you'll never see Notre Dame in the Big12.   I assume you meant UNC?   

If those schools leave, and Stanford/Cal experience the long travel for a couple years in all sports...will the appeal still be there for the ACC?   Could they consider a return to a reinvented 10-team PAC again?   Better opportunity for them to make the CFP from there, plus less costs.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

Guess this is the first sign of condensing into one power league, not two.  The league that owns the Northeast is going to be the last one standing.  

Not in football. The south, Ohio/michigan, and the big west coast schools dominate that sport. When was the last time we had a team from the NE in championship contention? I don’t even think one has made the playoffs off the top of my head.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, untlynchka1 said:

Not in football. The south, Ohio/michigan, and the big west coast schools dominate that sport. When was the last time we had a team from the NE in championship contention? I don’t even think one has made the playoffs off the top of my head.  

And yet the NE is what is driving the BiG having the largest media payout.  At the end of the day, this is all about money.