WoW!! stunning development!! B12 may be adding FSU and Clemson +4

Nebraska lost it's AAU status in 2011.   They are trying to get it back, but they are currently a Big10 member without that title.  

A$M won't leave the SEC for the Big10.  They have too many other rivals in the SEC.  They are a good fit in the SEC by geography and power sports. 

No mention in this blog about how the Big12 would unlock the ACC media rights jail.   

I hope the ACC does implode....just to watch the drama for $mut...

wat.0.gif

• Upvote 4

I think it makes total sense for A&M to head to the Big. Two instances have fueled this:

1. The non consultation that Texas was being invited and added. 
2. Their douchie baseball coach. This was not a slight per se because he was always going to Texas. But the lie on Monday and switch on Tuesday was terrible. Can’t support that dude. 

I don’t consider it running form Texas because it is an equally impressive move. USC Oregon Penn State the Ohio State university Michigan and Washington traversing into Kyle Field is juicy. Plus you dance with the devil that is Texas and you will be burned. I keep telling my LSU and Tennessee friends to just watch and beware.

Either way this would be good for the 12. That basketball league would be stout and football would be solid again with  replacing Texas and Oklahoma with Florida State and Clemson. 

Got to be honest I wouldn’t really want any of those leftovers. What a potential chance for the MWC and AAC to join forces to create an interesting lineup. 

GMG

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

This is just silly clickbait.  Even the quoted origin of the story Ross Dillinger clarified that it was just speculation about all possible outcomes and it's the most unlikely possibility.  He rated "ACC kicks out lowest performing schools to make an 8 team conference", which is similarly contractually ridiculous 

• Haha 6
  • Eye Roll 1

18 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

This is just silly clickbait.  Even the quoted origin of the story Ross Dillinger clarified that it was just speculation about all possible outcomes and it's the most unlikely possibility.  He rated "ACC kicks out lowest performing schools to make an 8 team conference", which is similarly contractually ridiculous 

...until it actually happens.   

Where there is smoke, there is an upcoming ACC implosion soon .

• Haha 2

He didn't call Florida State and Clemson joining the Big 12 the most unlikely possibility.

Here's what he said:

"I think there is at least early conversation between the Big 12 and those schools about the possibility. I don't think it's anything serious yet, cause they do have to get out of the ACC, whether that's through a settlement or a court ruling. So we could be months if not years from something. That does seem to be one of the possibilities ... is the Big 12." -- Ross Dellenger

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

4 hours ago, NM Green said:

I think it makes total sense for A&M to head to the Big. Two instances have fueled this:

1. The non consultation that Texas was being invited and added. 
2. Their douchie baseball coach. This was not a slight per se because he was always going to Texas. But the lie on Monday and switch on Tuesday was terrible. Can’t support that dude. 

I don’t consider it running form Texas because it is an equally impressive move. USC Oregon Penn State the Ohio State university Michigan and Washington traversing into Kyle Field is juicy. Plus you dance with the devil that is Texas and you will be burned. I keep telling my LSU and Tennessee friends to just watch and beware.

Either way this would be good for the 12. That basketball league would be stout and football would be solid again with  replacing Texas and Oklahoma with Florida State and Clemson. 

Got to be honest I wouldn’t really want any of those leftovers. What a potential chance for the MWC and AAC to join forces to create an interesting lineup. 

GMG

I think the BIG 10 pays out about $8 to $10 million more annually than the SEC. Plus none of  possible projections of  MWC reaching out to the AAC for members that I have see include North Texas, but all include UTSA. I take the PAC 2 at their word, which is to build the best West Coast Conference that they can. This may change if the ACC implodes and those left behind think OSU/WSU look better than USF and Memphis.

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, rcade said:

He didn't call Florida State and Clemson joining the Big 12 the most unlikely possibility.

Here's what he said:

"I think there is at least early conversation between the Big 12 and those schools about the possibility. I don't think it's anything serious yet, cause they do have to get out of the ACC, whether that's through a settlement or a court ruling. So we could be months if not years from something. That does seem to be one of the possibilities ... is the Big 12." -- Ross Dellenger

He makes it further clear it's just idle speculation elsewhere I couldn't immediately find, but here's something 

Screenshot_20240711-221606.png

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

...until it actually happens.   

Where there is smoke, there is an upcoming ACC implosion soon .

There's a number of ways the ACC could implode. The FSU to B12 route is about the most improbable you could imagine. It just doesn't make andy sense on many levels

• Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, DentonStang said:

He makes it further clear it's just idle speculation elsewhere I couldn't immediately find, but here's something ...

It's informed speculation from a 10-year college football reporter who had just been at Big 12 media day. I wouldn't be so quick to assume that he knows nothing Jon Snow.

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DentonStang said:

image.png.82faf9a90e846dbef0cdd60b9fe9076b.png

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

If true, common logic suggests that the ACC must expand their reach into Texas. If Jared hasn't called the ACC office countless times then I'm not sure what he's doing. 

In order to move to a stronger conference UNT must increase in value at least what that conference currently pays out annually to its existing members in media rights. We bring nothing to the table and are lucky be in the AAC.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, DentonStang said:

There's a number of ways the ACC could implode. The FSU to B12 route is about the most improbable you could imagine. It just doesn't make andy sense on many levels

The Big12 Commish is not shy about sending invites.  They tried to lure Duke basketball already. 

If the invite makes his conference move up the food chain he will try it.

14 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Guess this is the first sign of condensing into one power league, not two.  The league that owns the Northeast is going to be the last one standing.  

You need to have the Big 10, SEC, and Big 12.  Each conference has 12 members…there’s your minor league system for the pros.  All other schools get back to playing college football.  

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, NT93 said:

You need to have the Big 10, SEC, and Big 12.  Each conference has 12 members…there’s your minor league system for the pros.  All other schools get back to playing college football.  

They're all well beyond 12 right now. With other universities chomping at the bit to squeeze in. We need to be chomping at the bit. 

Even if the removal of the big brands from the ACC they will still carry some brand recognition and they're not going to just lay down. They'll be looking to backfill and move forward. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Skeptical Eagle 1