How do you possibly defend this?

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Do recruiting class rankings even mean anything anymore? Especially HS recruits? Who cares what the 2024 class ranks coming in....most of them will be gone by 2026. 

In some ways, it matters more than ever.  You used to be able to find a raw, hidden gem, and then develop him.  Now, that's most likely a waste of time and a scholarship.

As much as I hate to say it, I guess we're going to need to keep recruiting guys like Chandler Rogers.  Guys who contribute significantly for one year, then take off.

Now you may be right about HS recruits, and with all the transfers now, many of them are not evaluated by recruiting services until after they sign.  So our "zero points" and "zero average rating" only means our two commits have yet to be evaluated.

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

One thing about the new situation with NIL and the transfer portal. . . . ANY school who can get a billionaire and 10-20 multi-millionaires to kick in substantially could put themselves in the national championship conversation quickly.

bingobango!

• Puking Eagle 1

On 7/8/2024 at 10:50 AM, Glory to the Green said:

I’m not too worried about it.  It’s early….there are still two rounds of TP and two HS signing periods. I think our upcoming undefeated season will help in our recruiting efforts. 

Our lack of 2025 signees is by design for this exact reason. Why commit all your scholarships so quickly when you can wait and get more established transfers or see if any better HS recruits fall through the cracks because P5s went heavy in the portal. 

• Upvote 4

On 7/8/2024 at 8:55 AM, golfingomez said:

I have no idea why.. but for some reason i had a dream last night where Sam Houston beat Notre Dame in football... i never even dream about college football in general...

That's my contribution to this topic

Update... i had another dream about college football... in it i was really mad that USC had dropped to #13 in the country after one loss, while Texas was ranked #5 in the country after 2 losses...

Maybe i need to change my diet

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 7/8/2024 at 3:18 PM, Mean Green 93-98 said:

With zero points and an average rating of zero, we're among 3 teams tied for last in the AAC.  That would still not be good in the SBC or C-USA.

Our most recent class (2024) looks solid.  If Isheem Young can keep his nose clean, I don't think people realize what kind of athlete he is.  By the time the 2025 class closes up, I wouldn't be surprised to see us finish that class every bit as strong.

To clarify, I was using the ‘24 class as my basis for the comments. HS signees only, and not up to AAC level needed.