How do you possibly defend this?

I have said from the moment Morris was hired, his recruiting style would lead to devastating results. Obviously this is just one poll, but the trend he has lead throughout the past 2 years has led exactly into my expectations for him. Thoughts?image.png.f5e15f28175ea582ef4a5ce3c2625265.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

Comments are absolutely torching UNT... Sad

Hope Morris proves em wrong... Guess that's all we can really do as fans🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

They signed 40 plus HS kids last cycle. I wouldn't be shocked if they hit the transfer portal harder after the season. With this new age of college football, it is too early to overreact.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

They signed 40 plus HS kids last cycle. I wouldn't be shocked if they hit the transfer portal harder after the season. With this new age of college football, it is too early to overreact.

Thx for the info. I am still a bit out of the loop from being overseas and I agree

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, rojomojo said:

Thx for the info. I am still a bit out of the loop from being overseas and I agree

No problem. I just looked at the roster and counted a total of 55 freshman and redshirt freshman on it. So needless to say, we are a really young team. We lost most of the players that Littrell recruited. If we suck this year, it's all on Morris. 

• Upvote 4

I believe what you're seeing is caused by more than one factor. As mentioned above the large High School class last year is probably the biggest issue. I also believe that there willing to wait a little longer because as we've all seen commitments at this point in time don't mean anything and quite a few good players slip through last year to teams you would not have thought they would go to.

• Upvote 3

I assume they left us off because we're last?

At any rate, it's very early.  Seeing schools like SFA and SHSU ahead of us might raise an eyebrow, but it's no reason to panic at this time.  If we're still in the same position after the class is filled, then I might be worried.

Regardless, I'm far more interested to see how the current roster plays in the upcoming season.  I would think another losing season would put Coach Morris on the hot seat in year 3.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

Overly relying on the transfer portal will make the program crash and burn.

That's what Dana did and now he's unemployed.

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

The 3rd largest University in the state of Texas is not even on the list. Really? At least place us dead last for accountability purposes alone even if Morris is a new head coach at NT.

What is the corporate analogy for NT football? What large corporation consistently underperforms yet their top management remains?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

I see “you missed an FBS”, “UNT?”, “North Texas?” And a quote “no UNT. Ouch.”

you and I have different definitions of “absolutely torching.” I would call that an observation.  An embarrassing fact, but the comments aren’t torching us.

• Upvote 4

247 avg rating puts us 11 of 13 in the AAC. Would be middle of the pack SBC and competitive in CUSA. Lower avg than 2023. 
Does not include transfers, which in my opinion are not easily rated. And even if they all were rated, a couple from the transfer class have already left. 

3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

247 avg rating puts us 11 of 13 in the AAC. Would be middle of the pack SBC and competitive in CUSA. Lower avg than 2023. 
Does not include transfers, which in my opinion are not easily rated. And even if they all were rated, a couple from the transfer class have already left. 

With zero points and an average rating of zero, we're among 3 teams tied for last in the AAC.  That would still not be good in the SBC or C-USA.

Our most recent class (2024) looks solid.  If Isheem Young can keep his nose clean, I don't think people realize what kind of athlete he is.  By the time the 2025 class closes up, I wouldn't be surprised to see us finish that class every bit as strong.

• Upvote 2

I have no idea why.. but for some reason i had a dream last night where Sam Houston beat Notre Dame in football... i never even dream about college football in general...

That's my contribution to this topic

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, golfingomez said:

I have no idea why.. but for some reason i had a dream last night where Sam Houston beat Notre Dame in football... i never even dream about college football in general...

That's my contribution to this topic

One thing about the new situation with NIL and the transfer portal. . . . ANY school who can get a billionaire and 10-20 multi-millionaires to kick in substantially could put themselves in the national championship conversation quickly.

• Skeptical Eagle 1