I'm Baaaaack

rojomojo

I know how much you all missed me 🤗

Just landed back in the states yesterday after spending six months living abroad in The Netherlands. It is good to be home and I widened my world view exponentially with my experiences. UNT made this all possible and I will forever be grateful. 

Anyways, seems like NIL has taken a turn for the worse while I was gone. I think it's late stage, unregulated capitalism that's fueling this madness (relax cowboys, I am a capitalist and hate planned economies.) However, corporate greed has overtaken what was at first a moral and acceptable idea of allowing college athletes to profit off their likeness. I am scared for the future of college athletics and I think smaller athletic budgets like UNT are in for a very difficult future. Regardless, the UNT community needs to centralize support more than ever if we are to have any chance at fighting this monster. I don't expect attendance numbers to change much this season, but I feel as if the best way for G5 to survive throughout these times is to unite in some way. Comprehensively, I envision a separate alliance/league made up of smaller athletic budget schools throughout the G5.

I am curious to hear your thoughts. I know it's not ideal or even exciting, but I genuinely believe the only way forward is to distance ourselves from the corporate monsters that are the power 5

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, rojomojo said:

Also, please know that I am trying to incentivize greek life involvement in athletics. I am in charge of tailgating activities for Theta Chi, and I am advocating for implementing small fines for brothers that don't attend at least 50% of home football games. Similar policies are being brainstormed for basketball and even soccer. 

This is.... good work. And something that must be mandated. 

1 hour ago, rojomojo said:

Also, please know that I am trying to incentivize greek life involvement in athletics. I am in charge of tailgating activities for Theta Chi, and I am advocating for implementing small fines for brothers that don't attend at least 50% of home football games. Similar policies are being brainstormed for basketball and even soccer. 

Great to know you, brother. That was my job back in Delta Phi about 12-13 years ago now. @meanJewGreen

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, greenjoe said:

A small fine for brothers that don’t attend at least 50% of home football games.  

Im sorry students face a fine for not attending home games they have already paid for in student fees.

Students don't give a shit unfortunately. Makes me sad whenever my fellow brothers laugh at me when I ask if they're going into the football game at tailgates

• Pissed 1

15 hours ago, greenjoe said:

A small fine for brothers that don’t attend at least 50% of home football games.  

Im sorry students face a fine for not attending home games they have already paid for in student fees.

Fraternity and sorority menbers have responsibilities outside of partying. If you don't like these responsibilities, don't join. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1