• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

They can save money by shuttering or reducing their athletic department expenses.  Move over to the Sunbelt or CUSA.

Heck, we will even take a few of those players they can't afford. Pro Bono 

• Upvote 2

One thing to remember is that many of the "Power" schools live basically paycheck-to-paycheck. When COVID hit, I remember hearing stories of how many programs had to immediately take out loans to cover their expenses. I'm not sure how things will get better anytime soon if you're not one of the "upper crust" Power schools. 

29 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Wrong topic

wrong time. 

We know your stance, lets stick to a simple silly topic my friend 

No. I think he's onto something. Normal students AND student-athletes should live in the world of equity. I think ALL people should flourish equally. Why should a starting QB of any athletic program financially succeed beyond that of the average Joe 2.7 gpa business major. We have to cut people off at the legs or even hips, for others to catch up. 2.7 Joe should be just as financially prepared at his graduation as 3 year starter QB with 8000 passing yards. It's only fair, right? RIGHT? 

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

could care less when these P4's are losing money, they created this mess and unfortunately the regular students are the ones taking the hit to pay for the bloated administration at all levels, including Athletics

• Upvote 2

On 7/29/2024 at 4:33 AM, cousin oliver said:

Embarrassing for them to be broke.

They cut into their own revenue by trying yo lure DFW students to attend there.  Maybe they need to change that policy!

I assume their DFW students pay out of state tuition, which is higher than instate.

1 minute ago, wardly said:

I assume their DFW students pay out of state tuition, which is higher than instate.

I think I heard that they allow Texas students to enroll at in-state rates.  Arkansas does this.

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I think I heard that they allow Texas students to enroll at in-state rates.  Arkansas does this.

In order to enroll at universities in Oklahoma as an in state resident the student must have lived in Oklahoma 12 months prior to registration . To prove domicile in Oklahoma you would need your auto registered in state, an Oklahoma drivers license,and if you worked these 12 months proof of employment. Arkansas has less stringent requirement but you must prove you have lived in Arkansas 6 months prior to your universities  registration. In other words neither state has automatic reciprocity with Texas although I think New Mexico might.

• Upvote 1

It sure where that information came from but my relatives in AR that graduated from there told me this. Explains why a number of my friend’s children have gone to Arkansas. 

23 hours ago, wardly said:

In order to enroll at universities in Oklahoma as an in state resident the student must have lived in Oklahoma 12 months prior to registration . To prove domicile in Oklahoma you would need your auto registered in state, an Oklahoma drivers license,and if you worked these 12 months proof of employment. Arkansas has less stringent requirement but you must prove you have lived in Arkansas 6 months prior to your universities  registration. In other words neither state has automatic reciprocity with Texas although I think New Mexico might.

This was almost 20 years ago, but I had a friend who lived in Dallas his whole life and went to OU. He said it was something like 10-15% higher than it would be for in-state tuition there because he was a Texas resident. I recall a billboard I saw maybe 5 years ago for Wichita State and it said something along the lines of "Texans pay in-state tuition", so I think there's some sort of agreement amongst the schools or the states to encourage them to look outside the borders. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Coffee and TV said:

This was almost 20 years ago, but I had a friend who lived in Dallas his whole life and went to OU. He said it was something like 10-15% higher than it would be for in-state tuition there because he was a Texas resident. I recall a billboard I saw maybe 5 years ago for Wichita State and it said something along the lines of "Texans pay in-state tuition", so I think there's some sort of agreement amongst the schools or the states to encourage them to look outside the borders. 

Not according to OU's and UA's web sites spelling out the residency requirements to qualify for in state tuition. Arkansas's our of state tuition is 4 times more than in state and while I don't remember OU's it was a high multiple as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, wardly said:

Not according to OU's and UA's web sites spelling out the residency requirements to qualify for in state tuition.

Okay but I just gave you a real life example...they may not do it anymore but they certainly did give a huge discount to Texas students for a while. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Okay but I just gave you a real life example...they may not do it anymore but they certainly did give a huge discount to Texas students for a while. 

Yep.  Some friend's of mine had a daughter recently graduate from there.  I asked how she ended up in Fayetteville and they told me about the program.

• Upvote 1

On 8/6/2024 at 5:00 PM, UNTLifer said:

UNT is solid with this as well, my daughter had out of state tuition waived, being from AR, which was nice for our budget heading into Year 2

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2024 at 11:44 AM, Coffee and TV said:

Real  example from 20 years ago. My son went to Arkansas 30 years ago and had to become resident to get in state. I  have some friends whose kids just graduated from both schools and will check with them. I didn't intend to get into a pissing contest over this but was responding to post regarding Oklahoma recruiting in Texas and why I thought it was because of them getting out of state tuition.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, wardly said:

Real  example from 20 years ago. My son went to Arkansas 30 years ago and had to become resident to get in state. I  have some friends whose kids just graduated from both schools and will check with them. I didn't intend to get into a pissing contest over this but was responding to post regarding Oklahoma recruiting in Texas and why I thought it was because of them getting out of state tuition.

No contest, just talking past each other I guess. 

25 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

No contest, just talking past each other I guess. 

A friend of mine has a daughter at Arkansas as is paying full tuition. However she is getting a 95% discount because of her grades. She is required to take a certain number of hours and maintain a certain GPA. Basically she got an academic scholarship . However the way it is structured it looks hike a heavy discount off list price. My son wasn't that smart.

I have not heard back from my OU contacts as yet.

46 minutes ago, wardly said:

A friend of mine has a daughter at Arkansas as is paying full tuition. However she is getting a 95% discount because of her grades. She is required to take a certain number of hours and maintain a certain GPA. Basically she got an academic scholarship . However the way it is structured it looks hike a heavy discount off list price. My son wasn't that smart.

I have not heard back from my OU contacts as yet.

My Goddaughter from Dallas graduated from OU 4 years ago and had to pay out of state tuition.