2024 Don January Gold Classic

Took place today based on a Facebook post. Anybody know about this in advance?  There was nothing on MeanGreenSports.com, saw nothing on Twitter/X and nothing on Facebook until today. Seems like they would want as many as possible. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Took place today based on a Facebook post. Anybody know about this in advance?  There was nothing on MeanGreenSports.com, saw nothing on Twitter/X and nothing on Facebook until today. Seems like they would want as many as possible. 

I didn't see anything about it until yesterday. Which is strange because I feel they usually promote on social media and send emails asking people to signup a foursome or sponsorship opportunities. 

Maybe they were able to sell all the slots to high profile donors and sponsors and didn't have to ask us peasants. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727

2 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I didn't see anything about it until yesterday. Which is strange because I feel they usually promote on social media and send emails asking people to signup a foursome or sponsorship opportunities. 

Exactly.  Tough to grow an event and raise money when nobody knows about it.

• Upvote 2

Not sure UNT86, but I have gone to a golf course before and been unable to play. All the tee times were "sold out." Or full, taken, unavailable. Night is a bitch on a golf course, though I wouldn't object to a fundraiser at Lake Parks par 3 late into the night. Maybe next year.

GMG

13 hours ago, untcampbell said:

Not sure UNT86, but I have gone to a golf course before and been unable to play. All the tee times were "sold out." Or full, taken, unavailable. Night is a bitch on a golf course, though I wouldn't object to a fundraiser at Lake Parks par 3 late into the night. Maybe next year.

GMG

Run a morning flight and afternoon flight.  Not that difficult and I know we aren't attracting enough to fill both flights.

On 6/26/2024 at 11:19 AM, UNTLifer said:

Run a morning flight and afternoon flight.  Not that difficult and I know we aren't attracting enough to fill both flights.

That's exactly what they did, shotgun start in morning and and shotgun start in afternoon.

Since you didn't know that, i'm not sure how you could know whether they are attracting enough to fill up both flights.   I didn't count this year, but it's pretty much sold out every year.   This year was a bit odd because it got rained out due to the rain in May.

19 minutes ago, meangreanmick said:

That's exactly what they did, shotgun start in morning and and shotgun start in afternoon.

Since you didn't know that, i'm not sure how you could know whether they are attracting enough to fill up both flights.   I didn't count this year, but it's pretty much sold out every year.   This year was a bit odd because it got rained out due to the rain in May.

I just found it odd that it wasn't publicized as in years past.  Maybe it was because of the rainout.

• Upvote 1