UNT gear

Academy Sports + Outdoors One Push 10 ft x 10 ft Texas Straight Leg Canopy                                                       - view number 1

I've seen Academy sell these pop-up canopies for several years now. How hard could it be for someone in charge of NT gear-promotions to contact the company that makes these for Academy and ask how much they would charge to change the color scheme in order to turn it into a NT Battle Flag canopy. 

No new design. Just use the same pattern and change the color of the material used.

The same with this.

Tiger Hill Texas Flag Short Sleeve Twill Shirt

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 6/23/2024 at 6:53 AM, Marty said:

With tailgating season just a short time away, Sam’s Club in Denton  has a pop up canopy, oversized camping chairs, a door mat and a portable camping table for sale. 

IMG_3332.jpeg

IMG_3331.jpeg

The pop-up canopy is $179, the oversized chair is $39, as is the "camping table". The "fishing-type" shirts were $25. A bargain compared to what they cost just about anywhere else. The pop-up is too high for individuals, but Academy has put their 10X10 basic pop-up canopies on sale for $39. Check with the individual stores. They don't all have "green" in stock. 

On 6/23/2024 at 10:44 AM, UNT 90 Grad said:

I had a pair of custom flags made.  They mount on the front corners of my vehicle.  (Very dignitary-like.). I went with the logo of my time at NTSU/UNT. 

image.png.e814bae2dd1b8f355c19e5768682a47b.png

Why not use the current logo?  I get that this represents your time at North Texas, but the average person will be clueless.

Edit: Didn't mean to sound critical, but we change color and logos like some of you change underwear, so I was thinking of this from a publicity/marketing point of view.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Why not use the current logo?  I get that this represents your time at North Texas, but the average person will be clueless.

I may do that too, but I’ve got a bit of a “corridor of years” theme going down.  The son of worm (current logo) is on my trailer hitch cover, the flying worm is on a full sized North Texas State flag I fly on the back, the battle flag is on my spare tire cover, and the NT Alumni logo is on a decal on the back window.  

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I may do that too, but I’ve got a bit of a “corridor of years” theme going down.  The son of worm (current logo) is on my trailer hitch cover, the flying worm is on a full sized North Texas State flag I fly on the back, the battle flag is on my spare tire cover, and the NT Alumni logo is on a decal on the back window.  

Love It.

And we wonder why people are confused.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/23/2024 at 3:00 PM, SilverEagle said:

Academy Sports + Outdoors One Push 10 ft x 10 ft Texas Straight Leg Canopy                                                       - view number 1

I've seen Academy sell these pop-up canopies for several years now. How hard could it be for someone in charge of NT gear-promotions to contact the company that makes these for Academy and ask how much they would charge to change the color scheme in order to turn it into a NT Battle Flag canopy. 

No new design. Just use the same pattern and change the color of the material used.

The same with this.

Tiger Hill Texas Flag Short Sleeve Twill Shirt

• Sad 1

On 7/1/2024 at 12:35 PM, SilverEagle said:

The pop-up canopy is $179, the oversized chair is $39, as is the "camping table". The "fishing-type" shirts were $25. A bargain compared to what they cost just about anywhere else. The pop-up is too high for individuals, but Academy has put their 10X10 basic pop-up canopies on sale for $39. Check with the individual stores. They don't all have "green" in stock. 

Just FYI - at the end of September last year these canopies went on sale for $70, I got one then.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Sitting on your rear wnd and only moving your thumbs = not a sport. Prove me wrong. 

I don't get it either, but I would argue that it is a sport based on the below. This is what I got from Google which piggybacks off of the Oxford English Dictionary, I'm sure other arguments could be made based on other dictionaries definitions.  

SPORT

An activity involving physical exertion and skill, esp. (particularly in modern use) one regulated by set rules or customs in which an individual or team competes against another or others

EXERTION

Physical or mental effort.

A Men's Health article reports you can burn about 420 calories over 2 hours which is what Harvard Health says you can burn while bowling

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

14 hours ago, greenminer said:

The video game industry is already bigger than all the major sports leagues combined.

It's coming, whether you think it should be or not.

I don’t deny the industry and if it is coming, I just deny that playing a computer game should be called participating in a sport. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I don’t deny the industry and if it is coming, I just deny that playing a computer game should be called participating in a sport. 

That's neat.  I wasn't responding to you.

My response would be, maybe it's time we reconsider the traditional definition of sport.  Language evolves.

Edited by greenminer
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

My response would be, maybe it's time we reconsider the traditional definition of sport.  

I always considered a "sport" something physical.  Video gaming to me seems more mental.  I guess the hand controller inputs could be considered physical?    Are chess, monopoly, and poker sports?   

• Upvote 1

We are drifting away from the topic, but here is another UNT Esports video that gives more information.   Interesting to hear there are Esports scholarships at UNT.   Not sure about NIL.  Ha.

I gotta admit, I don’t know much about Esports, but when my son was younger, he asked me to take him to an Esports Counterstrike GO tournament.  These were professional gamers competing for big money.  I was shocked to see all the pomp and circumstance of a WWE event.  Lights, music, smoke machines, etc. in a sold out arena.  Tons of merch for sale and sponsorships.  Kids were waiting in line to get autographs from their favorite gamers.  It’s hard to describe, but it was definitely more than watching people play monopoly.  

• Upvote 1