2024-25 MBB/WBB schedule news

58 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

I disagree. It looks bad now, it should have been done weeks ago.

Agreed. And what I'm afraid of....we wait this long and the rest of the schedule is finalized with games against NAIA and Division II teams.

We were the very last team in Division I to finish our schedule last year....and will be that (or close to it) this year.

Edited by SUMG
  • Upvote 1

On 10/3/2024 at 11:47 AM, SUMG said:

The McNeese State coach is Will Wade. Got fired at LSU for recruiting violations.....when that was still a thing.

He went to McNeese....and a lot of big money LSU fans went with him. McNeese now has lots of NIL money...and that helped them win 30 games last season.

So with Wade's reputation, and them being flush with cash.....I won't be shocked if they buy out the return game. 

I highly doubt they have any interest in not returning the game.

Look at their conference. They were good last year. Better than UNT. There is no way that UNT would have the upper hand in home and home negotiations.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, SUMG said:

Agreed. And what I'm afraid of....we wait this long and the rest of the schedule is finalized with games against NAIA and Division II teams.

We were the very last team in Division I to finish our schedule last year....and will be that (or close to it) this year.

Agree, and if that is the case the hammer needs to come down on the scheduling. If you are going to make us play NAIA and Div. II teams, there is no reason to be waiting until mid October to get it done.

According to a friend.....Central Michigan just released their schedule......and now for the second year in a row....we are the last Division I team to release a schedule.

So if everyone else's has been released....if that's correct....there will be no other Division I games on our schedule....when it comes out.

Pathetic. 

Cue the excuse makers to come on here and say..."What do you expect Kentucky, Duke and North Carolina to come here?"

When the OOC b-ball attendance is piss poor......it's because the schedule sucks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Several mid-major programs are having to play 29 games this year. I could see us announcing two NAIA/DII home games and confirming the schedule at 29 games. That would be worst-case scenario.

Medium-case scenario: last few games are taking a long time because we are signing home-and-home deals for future seasons. Has anyone checked the last 50 or so of the 353 already-announced D1 schedules to see if we are on some random America East or MEAC team's slate?

Fantasy world scenario: we are negotiating with a 29-game program to reopen their scheduling and play us on November 9th, the same weekend as the Army game.

Seriously though... San Diego State has: (a) 29 games, (b) no games between November 7th-11th, and (c) no road nonconference games.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

Can we finally acknowledge this is a huge problem as well as the poor quality of the schedule?

It's especially aggravating for season ticket holders. (I assume you are one....since you're so interested in it, being finalized).  We don't even know how many games we paid for.....or when some will even be....

• Upvote 1