2024-25 MBB/WBB schedule news

10 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Their attendance matters because they make money enough to pay away teams guarantees, that is how oc scheduling  works. 

No, those name programs do home and home, meaning the home teams keeps their own revenue.  No away guarantees given.  But there is a cancel fee too.  Ole Miss can make more on their home return game with Memphis than they can as a single away game at Memphis. 

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, NT80 said:

No, those name programs do home and home, meaning the home teams keeps their own revenue.  No away guarantees given.  But there is a cancel fee too.  Ole Miss can make more on their home return game with Memphis than they can as a single away game at Memphis. 

First, not all home and away series are based on equal payouts

Second, guarantees are present even if they are for both teams receiving the same money 

Cancelation fees are negotiated as a major part of the game contract, upper tier teams like to reschedule or cancel games with lower tier teams if better options become available.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

6 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

First, not all home and away series are based on equal payouts

Second, guarantees are present even if they are for both teams receiving the same money 

Cancelation fees are negotiated as a major part of the game contract, upper tier teams like to reschedule or cancel games with lower tier teams if better options become available.

Regardless, we need better OOC home games if you want to lure more fans.  I know the intent is probably cheap buy-games, without a return game, thus we get DII and HBC schools. 

But fans won't drive in rush hour from Dallas to see us play basically a meaningless scrimmage game against LSU-Shreveport on a Tuesday night.  They will to see real LSU.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Regardless, we need better OOC home games if you want to lure more fans.  I know the intent is probably cheap buy-games, without a return game, thus we get DII and HBC schools. 

But fans won't drive in rush hour from Dallas to see us play basically a meaningless scrimmage game against LSU-Shreveport on a Tuesday night.  They will to see real LSU.

How do you suppose NT can schedule a LSU like school to play in Denton?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

We had a home and home with LSU in 2010 and 2011. 

NT won in Baton Rouge 75-55 in 2010.

LSU won in Denton 67-58 in 2011.

Only 13 years ago, not exactly recent, NT also played #1 Depaul ages ago in Dallas.  

Also LSU's basketball is not close to their football program.  Still I doubt you see NT schedule any SEC schools in Denton.  

I hope NT improves their oc schedule, I just doubt it can be done with the resources NT currently has.  

• Eye Roll 1

3 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Only 13 years ago, not exactly recent, NT also played #1 Depaul ages ago in Dallas.  

Also LSU's basketball is not close to their football program.  Still I doubt you see NT schedule any SEC schools in Denton.  

I hope NT improves their oc schedule, I just doubt it can be done with the resources NT currently has.  

Sorry, I don't make the schedules, I just report them.... 

We also played Louisville, Cincy, Texas, Colorado, Tech, Ok St, and other brand programs.  It can happen, just takes phone calls.