SFA                                          @ FAU      

Wyoming                                 @ Memphis     

Tulsa                                            Tulane

Army                                        @ UTSA

E. Carolina

@ Temple

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

I used to purchase that mag religiously every year until about ten or so years ago. Felt like the quality went down and thought the price had become ridiculous. 

• Upvote 5
  • Oh Boy! 2

40 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I used to purchase that mag religiously every year until about ten or so years ago. Felt like the quality went down and thought the price had become ridiculous. 

I always thought the quality was pretty good, but the price definitely became ridiculous.  Now I pay $50 (I think) for online access to TexasFootball.com, the magazine, a recruiting magazine, and I think this year I also got a Texas Basketball magazine included.  Access to the app is great if you follow high school football.  Bonus, it’s delivered to my mailbox.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, NT93 said:

I always thought the quality was pretty good, but the price definitely became ridiculous.  Now I pay $50 (I think) for online access to TexasFootball.com, the magazine, a recruiting magazine, and I think this year I also got a Texas Basketball magazine included.  Access to the app is great if you follow high school football.  Bonus, it’s delivered to my mailbox.

I thought it was always A&M and UT overload, literally "Texas" football, plus Big?12 spotlight, and then everyone else lumped in the back pages.  Plus last year didn't a UTSA-homer write our evaluation and knocked us down because of his bias?

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, NT80 said:

I thought it was always A&M and UT overload, literally "Texas" football, plus Big?12 spotlight, and then everyone else lumped in the back pages.  Plus last year didn't a UTSA-homer write our evaluation and knocked us down because of his bias?

I get it mostly for the high school coverage, so I can see how you might not be a fan if you don’t care too much about high school football.  Having said that, I’ve always felt like they’ve done a good job giving all school equal coverage based on their peers.  

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, NT80 said:

REVEALED — The 2024 Dave Campbell's Texas Football Summer Magazine Cover

Regarding lifers comment about quality…that’s an embarrassing picture of Gary Joseph.  How did a picture with his eyes closed end up in the cover?  That’s really, really bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, NT93 said:

Regarding lifers comment about quality…that’s an embarrassing picture of Gary Joseph.  How did a picture with his eyes closed end up in the cover?  That’s really, really bad.

You need to zoom in more.  What you are thinking are his eye lids are actually bags under his eyes.  His eyes are open. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

You need to zoom in more.  What you are thinking are his eye lids are actually bags under his eyes.  His eyes are open. 

Guess my phone doesn’t zoom enough.  I can’t get his eyes to open.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

30 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Going to have to upgrade that Motorola flip phone. 

🤣🤣iPhone 14.  I just looked again and now I see that his eyes are open.  So, I guess it’s my eyes that are bad, not the editors of Texas Football.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2024 at 11:19 AM, UNT 90 Grad said:

Is it in stores yet?

Bump.  I haven’t found this in stores, albeit most stores have greatly reduced their periodical footprint.  Any sightings?   Like some others, this is an annual traditional purchase for me. 

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Bump.  I haven’t found this in stores, albeit most stores have greatly reduced their periodical footprint.  Any sightings?   Like some others, this is an annual traditional purchase for me. 

Have you checked out Walmart?

On 6/23/2024 at 3:50 PM, NT93 said:

Guess my phone doesn’t zoom enough.  I can’t get his eyes to open.

Haha. I looked again and at first glance, his bags make it look like his eyes are closed. That man needs a vacation and some of that eye cream off late night television. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Haha. I looked again and at first glance, his bags make it look like his eyes are closed. That man needs a vacation and some of that eye cream off late night television. 

It’s funny, because now that I see his eyes are open it’s hard for me to see what I saw before… if that makes any sense.  Kind of like an optical illusion picture.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 2

My interest in football is definitely waning.  I’ve had the magazine since mid-June and I’ve only skimmed it a couple of times.  For the first time in close to 40 years, I don’t have much of a desire to read it.

• Upvote 3