Chairback Seats To Be Installed At DATCU Stadium

4 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

We complain when the athletic department doesn’t have enough money to operate competitively then we complain when the athletic department attempts to maximize revenue to have more money to operate more competitively. 

No. When they fill all the other general admission and charge the regular price for premium seats then I am good with that.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

So you want the AD to block off those sections from being purchased for individual games?

I'm fine with them selling them on an individual game basis, but they should never be cheaper than what it costs me per game as a season ticket holder.

• Upvote 5
  • RV 1

5 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

We complain when the athletic department doesn’t have enough money to operate competitively then we complain when the athletic department attempts to maximize revenue to have more money to operate more competitively. 

Nah, that isn't what is happening. Long time fans that have *always* backed the program through thick and thin keep taking it in the nuts (or wallet). The AD needs to actually do their job and find new revenue and fans and stop bleeding their loyalist dry. Their product isn't better but the prices are increasing 100% in some cases, 50% a lot and 25% in most.  

I don't find it a coincidence that the "Chief Revenue Officer" found a new job after he bled the hub club dry the last two years and the yearly retention was only ~80%. So sure, maybe the short term this joker thinks it is an increase in revenue, but but they really lost the long term. People dropping from the hub are not going to the games anymore. They are not donating their yearly MGSF. They are lost revenue. So after that, they move to a new section to find the next level of people to start squeezing. 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I wish someone who has season tickets in 104-106.....would tell us what the price is expected to be this year....as opposed to last year. 

I am assuming it's $415 per seat....plus the per seat MGSF donation ($200-250?). Wrong?

Seems like a big increase from last year.....but am not sure. Just wondering.

They priced me out of the Club last year.....so it happens. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Nah, that isn't what is happening. Long time fans that have *always* backed the program through thick and thin keep taking it in the nuts (or wallet). The AD needs to actually do their job and find new revenue and fans and stop bleeding their loyalist dry. Their product isn't better but the prices are increasing 100% in some cases, 50% a lot and 25% in most.  

I don't find it a coincidence that the "Chief Revenue Officer" found a new job after he bled the hub club dry the last two years and the yearly retention was only ~80%. So sure, maybe the short term this joker thinks it is an increase in revenue, but but they really lost the long term. People dropping from the hub are not going to the games anymore. They are not donating their yearly MGSF. They are lost revenue. So after that, they move to a new section to find the next level of people to start squeezing. 

The most loyal fans are the ones who take it in the nuts for EVERY program. You should see the crazy points program that Baylor puts their season ticket holders through. Want good football seats? Well, you have to be a season ticket holder for Men’s Basketball too, Oh AND Women’s Basketball! 
What product hasn’t had a gigantic price increase in the last five years? Everything is more expensive. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 6/20/2024 at 11:51 AM, SUMG said:

I wish someone who has season tickets in 104-106.....would tell us what the price is expected to be this year....as opposed to last year. 

I am assuming it's $415 per seat....plus the per seat MGSF donation ($200-250?). Wrong?

Seems like a big increase from last year.....but am not sure. Just wondering.

They priced me out of the Club last year.....so it happens. 

I have been in 106 in the same seats since Mean Green Stadium (formerly) opened.  After the defragmentation exercise from the new seats was complete, I still was given the opportunity to keep my same seats, but I instead chose to inch closer to midfield by moving to 105.  My seats for the 2024 season are $215 per seat, not including the MGSF donation.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I have been in 106 in the same seats since Mean Green Stadium (formerly) opened.  After the defragmentation exercise from the new seats was complete, I still was given the opportunity to keep my same seats, but I instead chose to inch closer to midfield by moving to 105.  My seats for the 2024 season are $215 per seat, not including the MGSF donation.  

Thanks for the clarification. That's much more reasonable. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, 97and03 said:

So people still aren’t getting the concept of a donation? Got it. 

I get the concept of a donation. I am thankful, for example, that my gifts to academic programs have given me some perks that were an unexpected bonus (ex. a campus parking pass). However, my athletic contributions (that include the MGSF contribution for multiple club seats as well as multiple BB season tickets) are made with the expectation that I will receive some special consideration including a parking space, a meal, comfortable seating etc. The athletic contribution is conditional, and I should reasonably expect that other individuals who receive the same benefits will be held to the same requirements as me. 

• Upvote 2