Chairback Seats To Be Installed At DATCU Stadium

PURCHASE SEASON TICKETS HERE

RENDERINGS

DENTON – The first ever general seating improvements will be made to DATCU Stadium for the 2024 Mean Green football season.

Chairback seating will be installed late this summer to over 900 seats in sections 104, 105 and 106 replacing the previous bleacher seats in this first step in future stadium seating updates. The seats, which are directly behind the North Texas team bench, are being installed by DreamSeat and will feature 22-inch mesh chairbacks with a cupholder for each seat.

Tickets for the 2024 UNT football season and mini-plan packages are currently available for purchase now. Season tickets for sections 104-106 cost $415. General season ticket holder benefits include priority seating locations, flexible payment plan options, a season ticket holder gift, discounts on additional single-game tickets, kick time guarantee, postseason ticket priority and the ability to resell unused tickets on SeatGeek.

Additionally, single-game tickets are also now on sale.

The UNT football home opener is Sept. 7 at 6:30 p.m. versus Stephen F. Austin. The Mean Green football team has six home games this year and hosts Wyoming (Sept. 21), Tulsa (Sept. 28), Tulane (Oct. 26), Army (Nov. 9) and East Carolina (Nov. 23) in addition to the SFA home opener.

DATCU Stadium was opened in 2011. UNT and DATCU entered into a long-term naming rights agreement in August 2023.

Fans interested in buying new season or mini-plan packages for the 2024 season may do so online at www.meangreentickets.com or by calling the North Texas Athletics Ticket Office at (940) 565-2527 during normal business hours.

Season tickets start as low as $80 prices for Family Zone seating with options all the way up to exclusive premium experiences in the HUB Club or Field Cabana.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NT80 said:

Humm.  The mesh chairbacks are a different type seat than what was installed on the club level.   The chairbacks are BLACK in the renderings.  If so, it's a missed opportunity to add some GREEN color to the stadium seating area!

Yes I sawr that too.  Black seems like it could get quite hot.

• Upvote 2

Guessing these are the seats being installed. These are the mesh seats with cup holders DreamSeat installed at Houston Dynamo’s stadium. A big upgrade over the metal bleachers and the temporary seatbackings offered in the past. 

image001.png

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

13 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Guessing these are the seats being installed. These are the mesh seats with cup holders DreamSeat installed at Houston Dynamo’s stadium. A big upgrade over the metal bleachers and the temporary seatbackings offered in the past. 

image001.png

The DreamSeat links have a lot of stadium seating options...

https://www.dreamseat.com/fixed-seating/

Edited by NT80
more info
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, NT80 said:

Nope, those are a little different design than the ones linked under our renderings.  Ours depict a cupholder built into the end of the armrest....

https://meangreensports.com/galleries/apogee-stadium/datcu-chairback-renderings/datcu-chairbacks/690/50148

nah, those are the same.   The rendering had to over emphasize the mesh to show that it was mash, not solid.     DS has several different cupholder options for this style and you can see for the Dynamo, they use both, for whatever reason.   

Doesnt' look like there is a green option for the mesh.   Maybe we should go with a steel or slate instead of black?

DSC_0604.jpg

Vent-Colors.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Green with Envy said:

Doesnt' look like there is a green option for the mesh.   Maybe we should go with a steel or slate instead of black?

DSC_0604.jpg

Vent-Colors.jpg

That orange is not an option on that color chart either.  Perhaps they can do custom colors?

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

. General season ticket holder benefits include priority seating locations, flexible payment plan options, a season ticket holder gift, discounts on additional single-game tickets, kick time guarantee, postseason ticket priority and the ability to resell unused tickets on SeatGeek.

This AD is pretty tone deaf. 

1. Whoa! Wait a second, one of the 'benefits' is to pay off the tickets over time? WOW! Hardly a 'benefit' - more like an incentive try to get people who can't afford the tickets to over spend. 
  2. Ticket holder gifts are tchotchkes as best. Worthless junk that most of the times I would end up leaving at the game accidentally.
  3. Discounts on additional tickets - when 3/4ths of the stadium is empty. Benefit! 
  4. What is a kick time guarantee?
  5. Post season ticket priority? You can always go online and get cheaper and better tickets from their odd priority point system that as a new ticket holder you will be at the back of the line. 
  6. RESELL THE TICKETS? This is the biggest joke. The stadium is at best during the best weather and best team on eh schedule, half filled. No one is buying your overpriced tickets with fancy mesh seats. 

• Upvote 5
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 3

6 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

1. Whoa! Wait a second, one of the 'benefits' is to pay off the tickets over time? WOW! Hardly a 'benefit' - more like an incentive try to get people who can't afford the tickets to over spend. 
  2. Ticket holder gifts are tchotchkes as best. Worthless junk that most of the times I would end up leaving at the game accidentally.
  3. Discounts on additional tickets - when 3/4ths of the stadium is empty. Benefit! 
  5. Post season ticket priority? You can always go online and get cheaper and better tickets from their odd priority point system that as a new ticket holder you will be at the back of the line. 
  6. RESELL THE TICKETS? This is the biggest joke. The stadium is at best during the best weather and best team on eh schedule, half filled. No one is buying your overpriced tickets with fancy mesh seats. 

Kick Time Guarantee started last year…

If there’s a game you can’t attend, you can exchange it for an extra ticket to another game. For example, let’s say you can’t make the SFA game. With Kick Time Guarantee you can exchange it for an extra ticket to the Wyoming game. 

It’s actually a really good deal that allows you to get the full value of your season tickets. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 3
  • Ray 1

2 hours ago, SUMG said:

One other thing about season tickets. You pay the money and the MGSF donation to be in your particular section. Then the season rolls around....and you see all kinds of visiting team fans sitting in those same sections. And you know damn well.....they didn't pay a MGSF donation....they just bought their tickets and paid for game ticket only. 

Yup, I’ve had enough of that horseshit!

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Oh Boy! 1

3 hours ago, SUMG said:

One other thing about season tickets. You pay the money and the MGSF donation to be in your particular section. Then the season rolls around....and you see all kinds of visiting team fans sitting in those same sections. And you know damn well.....they didn't pay a MGSF donation....they just bought their tickets and paid for game ticket only. 

So you want the AD to block off those sections from being purchased for individual games? That doesn’t make $en$e. 

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, NT80 said:

They only have 1 type of stadium seating that’s mesh. It’s called “Zephyr” and is what the Houston Dynamo have. I’m not 100% positive but I think it’s safe to say that’s what we’re getting. 

IMG_5906.png

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

So you want the AD to block off those sections from being purchased for individual games? That doesn’t make $en$e. 

You're at the 45 yard line in nice seatbacks; a premium seating section.  You pay $600 per seat for the season, including your MGSF per seat, or $100/seat per game. 

Two days before the game the Athletic Dept has a Flash Sale for unsold seats.  The three seats next to you go for $15 each to drunk SFA Frat guys.   You're OK with that?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Kick Time Guarantee started last year…

If there’s a game you can’t attend, you can exchange it for an extra ticket to another game. For example, let’s say you can’t make the SFA game. With Kick Time Guarantee you can exchange it for an extra ticket to the Wyoming game. 

It’s actually a really good benefit that allows you to get the full benefit of what you paid. 

Well there you go - that is a benefit! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Just curious....do you get season tickets? 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SUMG said:

That happens at Basketball games as well. I have 4 seats, pay MGSF contribution, and some guy sets next to me and when I ask he says he bought ticket at window for less than the face value of mine or if unsold some students occupy the seats.  For what I give I would rather have the space to stretch my legs.   

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1

1 hour ago, SUMG said:

Just curious....do you get season tickets? 

Yes, and I do it to support the program and to make sure I can sit next to my friends in the best seat possible. I don't do it to get the best deal possible. I know there are going to be a few games each year when the athletic department is going to discount tickets to sell as many as possible. And guess what? I don't care. I hope they're doing everything they can to increase attendance. 

If it bothers some of y'all so much then buy cheaper season tickets or don't buy them at all. There's nothing stopping you from getting the discounted price for a single game ticket. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 3

11 hours ago, NT80 said:

That orange is not an option on that color chart either.  Perhaps they can do custom colors?

It's possible, but Buttercup looks pretty close to me.    digital is all subjective though.  

I suspect custom would come with a cost......so black it is.    🙂 

• Puking Eagle 1

8 hours ago, NT80 said:

You're at the 45 yard line in nice seatbacks; a premium seating section.  You pay $600 per seat for the season, including your MGSF per seat, or $100/seat per game. 

Two days before the game the Athletic Dept has a Flash Sale for unsold seats.  The three seats next to you go for $15 each to drunk SFA Frat guys.   You're OK with that?

Some of those are being Stub Hubbed, not from Ticket Office.

• Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 1

19 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

We complain when the athletic department doesn’t have enough money to operate competitively then we complain when the athletic department attempts to maximize revenue to have more money to operate more competitively. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 2

My family and I have been to a couple of games at Shell Stadium where the Dynamo play.  We like the new seats they have installed.  Before they were just plastic fold downs.  I'm glad UNT are adding these seats.  My skinny butt doesn't have enough meat for those metal bleachers haha.

• Upvote 2