that is Nike's minimalistic design. look at all the nike uni's this year

We had minimalistic uniforms in our past; 

and someone got fired for it, lol...

Fired North Texas Coach in Black Mood

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

that is Nike's minimalistic design. look at all the nike uni's this year

Must be a bunch of old men yelling at the clouds working for Nike now.  I’ve read on this board for several years now that we have to wear the ridiculous uniforms or it will hurt recruiting.  So now, in less than a year, uniforms don’t matter?  So recruiting isn’t going to tank because we aren’t wearing all black or worse, gray?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, NT93 said:

Must be a bunch of old men yelling at the clouds working for Nike now.  I’ve read on this board for several years now that we have to wear the ridiculous uniforms or it will hurt recruiting.  So now, in less than a year, uniforms don’t matter?  So recruiting isn’t going to tank because we aren’t wearing all black or worse, gray?

Nike and the schools are probably just trying to save a quick buck rather than put in any effort for the jerseys. Easy to mass-produce these cookie-cutter jerseys which are probably way more popular now due to NIL. Nike went too over the top with the crazy designs, now they're way too bland. Hopefully, they find a good middle ground that isn't such an eye-sore but also isn't a boring piece of nothing

• Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

New ones are fine. Old ones had more uniqueness to them though. 

IMHO, if we want to establish an identity, then we must have an identifiable look/uniform. A tricked up version is fine on occasion, but the green/white combos for this year look great and represent what North Texas is. The Mean Green. With the additional exposure on TV, it is vitally important.  I'd wager it helps promote marketing as well. Let the apparel companies mix up color schemes if they want and see if they sell or not. But with uniforms, stick with the basics. That way, when people are channel surfing games they'll come across ours and say, "Hey! There's North Texas!" Again, just MHO.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

IMHO, if we want to establish an identity, then we must have an identifiable look/uniform. A tricked up version is fine on occasion, but the green/white combos for this year look great and represent what North Texas is. The Mean Green. With the additional exposure on TV, it is vitally important.  I'd wager it helps promote marketing as well. Let the apparel companies mix up color schemes if they want and see if they sell or not. But with uniforms, stick with the basics. That way, when people are channel surfing games they'll come across ours and say, "Hey! There's North Texas!" Again, just MHO.

My issue is that every Nike team has the same uni. Copy/paste the template then add a logo to the collar. I liked the subtly of the previous green jerseys. Mean Green across the front with a feather design in the numbers which only really becomes notable on close ups. If the only thing that changed was the color going to Kelly Green, I would have given this an A++. Overall, they’re fine. But like you said, establish an identity and stick with it. If they’re going to stick with this color/style for a while, I’m cool with that. 

• Upvote 5

53 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

My issue is that every Nike team has the same uni. Copy/paste the template then add a logo to the collar. I liked the subtly of the previous green jerseys. Mean Green across the front with a feather design in the numbers which only really becomes notable on close ups. If the only thing that changed was the color going to Kelly Green, I would have given this an A++. Overall, they’re fine. But like you said, establish an identity and stick with it. If they’re going to stick with this color/style for a while, I’m cool with that. 

The only thing I'd like to see added to the uniform is the battle flag on the sleeve. That would finish it off nicely.

• Upvote 1

These “new” uniforms look a lot like the ones we wore vs. LaTech at the Mean Joe statue unveiling.  Seems like we also wore something very similar on a few occasions 2 or 3 years ago.  Not complaining, just discussing.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, NT93 said:

These “new” uniforms look a lot like the ones we wore vs. LaTech at the Mean Joe statue unveiling.  Seems like we also wore something very similar on a few occasions 2 or 3 years ago.  Not complaining, just discussing.

NT-old-new.jpg

2,160 Louisiana Tech V Texas Stock Photos, High-Res Pictures, and Images -  Getty Images

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Green with Envy said:

if they are the vibrant green of Mean Joe's polo in real life, then i'm in.   The muted green of the throwbacks left something to be desired.   

To me it looks like somewhere in the middle of those two greens but closer to his polo.