Uniforms

I like them. I can appreciate the clean and classic look. I like the Texas with SOW on the pants.

But I don’t love them. I like a bit more flash. I like “Mean Green” across the chest that is now missing. I think the Littrell era had the best uniforms. 

But my opinion doesn’t matter. Hope the players love them and are amped up for the season. 

Edited by Moobs
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

I like them. I can appreciate the clean and classic look. I like the Texas with SOW on the pants.

But I don’t love them. I like a bit more flash. I like “Mean Green” across the chest that is now missing. I think the Littrell era had the best uniforms. 

But my opinion doesn’t matter. Hope the players love them and are amped up for the season. 

Sadly, the Universities, and you might say even more so, the "student" athletes, seem to be stressing this point. The schools are saying, "We need your money, but you have no say in anything," and even worse, IMO, many of the athletes seem to have the attitude that we, as fans/alums, "owe" them. Look. Let them get paid; I'm not sure I even care that much anymore, but please note, at least for me, I am watching to support MY University. Just as when I watch a "pro" game, these players are now open to fair play and absolute and thunderous public criticism if they do not perform. These players want to be treated like pros, but remember that it is not always only the "good" parts.  

Last rant for now. I am 100% against students at ANY university any longer being mandated to pay an "athletics" fee. These players have demanded professionalism, and it is not the other student's responsibility to support them!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Look isn’t bad but it’s not going to get anyone excited is my thought too. 

wish we would have done some bring little more creative with the numbers, those definitely make it look generic and  practice like unis

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Sadly, the Universities, and you might say even more so, the "student" athletes, seem to be stressing this point. The schools are saying, "We need your money, but you have no say in anything," and even worse, IMO, many of the athletes seem to have the attitude that we, as fans/alums, "owe" them. Look. Let them get paid; I'm not sure I even care that much anymore, but please note, at least for me, I am watching to support MY University. Just as when I watch a "pro" game, these players are now open to fair play and absolute and thunderous public criticism if they do not perform. These players want to be treated like pros, but remember that it is not always only the "good" parts.  

Last rant for now. I am 100% against students at ANY university any longer being mandated to pay an "athletics" fee. These players have demanded professionalism, and it is not the other student's responsibility to support them!

It’s only a matter of time before the students challenge the fee in a court of law. 
There are some smart activist out there that will make a winning case that if athletes are now being paid then why are students still being forced to finance athletics when they don’t care about sports and attending games  

This will be a huge loss of revenue for a financially poor program like UNT. 

I guarantee this will happen soon. Sooner than many believe. 

• Upvote 4
  • Pissed 1

6 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I agree with the bolded without any hesitation. I agree with mostly everything you posted. 

The "student"-athletes want their cake and they want to eat it, too. Not really how life works literally everywhere else. Won't last. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

6 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I agree with the bolded without any hesitation. I agree with mostly everything you posted. 

The "student"-athletes want their cake and they want to eat it, too. Not really how life works literally everywhere else. Won't last. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

It’s only a matter of time before the students challenge the fee in a court of law. 
There are some smart activist out there that will make a winning case that if athletes are now being paid then why are students still being forced to finance athletics when they don’t care about sports and attending games  

This will be a huge loss of revenue for a financially poor program like UNT. 

I guarantee this will happen soon. Sooner than many believe. 

Needs to happen tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

23 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

This is absolutely correct. No more baking in fees for a general education and/or soliciting to the public to buy season tickets AND get donations... if you want to field a team, budget for it. If you want to build a new stadium/athletic facility, figure out a normal way to get it done... don't hold false promises by telling alumni that we HAVE to have this if we want to be competitive... don't sign coaches to ridiculous contracts if you don't have the capital to back it up.

how much money has been spent since 2000 to ensure that we will move up in the college football world... and do we now stand in a significantly better position?

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1