He voluntarily surrendered his license when he and Gary Dobbs opened Courtroom Sciences and he chose to no longer conduct private practice.  I met him through work in the early 90's.  Oprah hired he and Gary prior to her lawsuit with the Texas Ranchers.  He won, she made him famous and he started his show.

An easy Google search reveals that.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

He voluntarily surrendered his license when he and Gary Dobbs opened Courtroom Sciences and he chose to no longer conduct private practice.  I met him through work in the early 90's.  Oprah hired he and Gary prior to her lawsuit with the Texas Ranchers.  He won, she made him famous and he started his show.

An easy Google search reveals that.

Not even close to true. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

10 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Not even close to true. 

So you are saying that:

He and Gary Dobbs did not open Courtroom Sciences,

He did not choose to give up private practice,

UNT lifer did not meet him through work in the early 90's,

He was not hired by Oprah for her lawsuit with Texas Ranchers,

Oprah did not make him famous,

He did not start his own show, and,

He did not voluntarily surrender his license.

Should I ever believe a UNT lifer claim in the future?

While he may have been the subject of criticism by other Psychologists, he voluntarily gave up his license in Texas in 2006 and had not been practicing in Texas for years prior. California did not require him to have a license for his show. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I am saying he did not give up his license voluntarily and is garbage.

I am done with this; take it however you like.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Not even close to true. 

True. 
He got in trouble in the 80’s for a client relationship. Met the conditions of having his practice supervised and then later decided to give up his license. 
Personally, I don’t care for him and didn’t when I saw him frequently. His personality on television is pretty close to it in real life.  Loud and loves to be the center of attention. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3

image.jpeg.8b02a1f812d1ef110ec9f50d5a2219ac.jpeg

I like that Dr Phil has supported North Texas for decades and has continued to do so.

I also admire that he advocates for what is best for our country even though it's not popular with the overwhelming amount of deranged people in the entertainment industry and their "sick ideology",

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 6/15/2024 at 4:41 PM, UNTLifer said:

Personally, I don’t care for him and didn’t when I saw him frequently. His personality on television is pretty close to it in real life.  Loud and loves to be the center of attention. 

But felt the need to make an entirely new thread from a locked one so we can totally all know that he didn't lose his license from grooming a 16 year old client? Which is totally not why he lost his license, btw.

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Coffee and TV said:

But felt the need to make an entirely new thread from a locked one so we can totally all know that he didn't lose his license from grooming a 16 year old client? Which is totally not why he lost his license, btw.

I have never heard of him "grooming a 16 year old client".  That is a wild accusation and I would love to see a link to back up the claim.

I don't understand why some of these threads are locked on here.  There is a set of rules to follow, but it appears some with the power to lock them down just pick topics they don't like instead of letting people discuss the issue.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

4 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

When did this supposedly take place? The Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law by the board are included in the body of the article. He was reprimanded for an improper relationship but there is no reference to a minor or to "grooming". That incident was in the 80's. He gave up his license in 2006 voluntarily and he was not practicing in Texas or California at the time.  If you bother reading up on the subject her allegations involve employment and she said he behaved properly during her time as a client. 

Despite Reports, Dr. Phil Was NOT Disciplined For ‘Molesting Young Patient’ | Law & Crime (lawandcrime.com)

As far as the source for this link let me attach an assessment of its credibility.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/law-newz/#:~:text=Law %26 Crime is owned by the Abrams,owns the left-leaning Mediaite and The Mary Sue.

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

22 hours ago, ADLER said:

A member of an ideology largely based on transitioning and grooming children

Projection from General Genital Inspector here, the fking creep. Go back to your conspiracy videos before your nubby fingers write checks your social security can't cash old man.

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 6/17/2024 at 10:30 AM, UNTLifer said:

I have never heard of him "grooming a 16 year old client".  That is a wild accusation and I would love to see a link to back up the claim.

Many people are saying. You guys gotta read better, I made it very clear that this is totally not what Dr Phil did btw.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1