Preseason All AAC 2024

57 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Not sure how they can determine this when players are still shifting around programs and some transfers have never practiced with their new team yet.  

IMG_1726.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

The state of this conference from the transfer portal is just sad. 

I hope Damon Ward Jr. has a huge year, but 2nd-team All Conference with 39 receptions for 497 yards and five touchdowns? 

Ikaika Ragsdale had 9 carries for 34 yards last year and is coming off a major knee injury. That’s 3rd-team All Conference?

I follow this team pretty closely and I have never heard of Isheem Young before. Sounds familiar but can’t recall anything about him. He’s 3rd-team All Conference too. 

UNT is going to have to wait until the morning of the game to send that roster program to the printer. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenZen said:

The state of this conference from the transfer portal is just sad. 

I hope Damon Ward Jr. has a huge year, but 2nd-team All Conference with 39 receptions for 497 yards and five touchdowns? 

Ikaika Ragsdale had 9 carries for 34 yards last year and is coming off a major knee injury. That’s 3rd-team All Conference?

I follow this team pretty closely and I have never heard of Isheem Young before. Sounds familiar but can’t recall anything about him. He’s 3rd-team All Conference too. 

UNT is going to have to wait until the morning of the game to send that roster program to the printer. 

Isheem young is the transfer from ISU and miss state.  He’s been getting all the praise for knowing this defense and he also was first team all freshman at ISU with our current dc

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, untlynchka1 said:

Isheem young is the transfer from ISU and miss state.  He’s been getting all the praise for knowing this defense and he also was first team all freshman at ISU with our current dc

Yes, but Ole Miss, not MS State.

Pre-season all conference teams are based off of past production and potential.  Ward could easily step up and be our top WR this year.  He has the build and ability to put together a big year.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

On 6/12/2024 at 7:47 PM, NT80 said:

Not sure how they can determine this when players are still shifting around programs and some transfers have never practiced with their new team yet.  

You must think high school players can't be evaluated either, huh?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/13/2024 at 6:10 AM, MeanGreenZen said:

I'm not trying to dunk on you, but lol I'm pretty sure you just got self-owned. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

You must think high school players can't be evaluated either, huh?

They can't.  Not for entry on a college all-conference list.  It's about prior accomplishments at the college level that shows potential to be the best this season.  But you know that....I hope.  Geez.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Shark84 said:

I was 3rd team honorable mention JV All-State my senior year!

And I made the All-Star team as a lineman at St. James Catholic School in 8th grade!   Take that!!!

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jason Howeth said:

I'm not trying to dunk on you, but lol I'm pretty sure you just got self-owned. 

It used to be fun to follow the player acquisition process. I’d pay attention to who we were offering. If a DFW kid committed to North Texas, I’d jump in the car on a Friday night and watch his high school game. I’d scour his Rivals.com highlights too and follow his senior season in the papers. 

The player was going to be a Mean Green Eagle. Just like me. Maybe he’d have some of the same professors I did and hang out at the same places I used to? 

I’d invest in learning about him and would follow his career and development for four years. I’d show up to the Spring game to see who looked good. 

The transfer portal ruined all that for me. It is just too much to track and the payoff isn’t enough. Plus, most of the player movement news at North Texas is that my favorite player is leaving. 

I’m still a season ticket holder. I give to NIL and MGSF. I’ll show up with my family to every game we can. But I don’t know who these guys are who play for my school now.

Dave Campbell’s Texas Football is at the printer and these guys are still coming and going. It is pointless to follow all this movement. Wake me up when the season starts and tell me who our guys are. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

It used to be fun to follow the player acquisition process. I’d pay attention to who we were offering. If a DFW kid committed to North Texas, I’d jump in the car on a Friday night and watch his high school game. I’d scour his Rivals.com highlights too and follow his senior season in the papers. 

The player was going to be a Mean Green Eagle. Just like me. Maybe he’d have some of the same professors I did and hang out at the same places I used to? 

I’d invest in learning about him and would follow his career and development for four years. I’d show up to the Spring game to see who looked good. 

The transfer portal ruined all that for me. It is just too much to track and the payoff isn’t enough. Plus, most of the player movement news at North Texas is that my favorite player is leaving. 

I’m still a season ticket holder. I give to NIL and MGSF. I’ll show up with my family to every game we can. But I don’t know who these guys are who play for my school now.

Dave Campbell’s Texas Football is at the printer and these guys are still coming and going. It is pointless to follow all this movement. Wake me up when the season starts and tell me who our guys are. 

I agree.  As fans, if a player was committed to playing for NT we became invested in them.  We wanted to know their background, their skillsets, and supported them their whole journey while at NT each season as they grew. 

Now, there is no long-term commitment by players.   The fans are left empty with no heroes to follow from the previous seasons.   The thrill is gone.  The product has changed, and not for the better.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

We can change it up...if your player is actually on the team at the end of the season....you get a Jimmy John's gift card or something. 

Boots Riley Film GIF by Sorry To Bother You

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1