From the desk of Jared Mosley - special update

6 hours ago, NT80 said:

Athletes currently are not employees, full or part time.  They don't receive pay from the school.  NIL is a private contract for endorsement services, not school pay either.   I don't understand your debate with yourself?  

Not at present, but when they receive NIL pay from the school they should be. Why don't we just agree to disagree and see how things play out in the next few years if not sooner. At present its just speculation as to how players will be classified in the future. At age 81 I could be dead by then and it won't matter, at least to me. However, you could find yourself rooting for the HEB/UNT GREEN GROCERS football team trying to schedule a game with a member of the ALLSTATE 12 FOOTBALL CONFERENCE. Who knows?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 6/16/2024 at 1:26 PM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yet, poor families can get those subsidies and attend virtually for free. For all, or for none. Since, I believe my tax dollars should not be for all, then it should be for none.

Most poor families deal with crappy schools to even get their children academically eligible and capable to progress through college once they get there.  And the reality is at most colleges the Pell Grants still leave students in a position to take out loans. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Meangreen Fight said:

Most poor families deal with crappy schools to even get their children academically eligible and capable to progress through college once they get there.  And the reality is at most colleges the Pell Grants still leave students in a position to take out loans. 

I completely disagree.

From my experience, behavior and manners often run parallel with academic achievement. Regardless of socioeconomic and demographics. Show me a poor/middle class/wealthy kid with good behavior and manners and I'll show you a kid that probably achieves in the classroom. Show me a poor/middle class/wealthy disrespectful kid and I'll show you a grade casualty. 

It ALL starts at home. Money and resources don't matter. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2