Carlos Ortiz Wins LIV Tournament in Houston

Wasn't even looking for it...and somehow stumbled onto the CW Network....and watched the final few holes. It's Carlos' first win on the LIV Tour. And oddly enough....his PGA Tour win........was also in Houston.

As to the LIV.....I wish it had never been started. It really isn't catching on....as my guess is, there weren't even 1,000 fans in the gallery.

But since it exists...and we have two alums on it....I am glad when they do well. 

• Upvote 5

23 hours ago, SUMG said:

Wasn't even looking for it...and somehow stumbled onto the CW Network....and watched the final few holes. It's Carlos' first win on the LIV Tour. And oddly enough....his PGA Tour win........was also in Houston.

As to the LIV.....I wish it had never been started. It really isn't catching on....as my guess is, there weren't even 1,000 fans in the gallery.

But since it exists...and we have two alums on it....I am glad when they do well. 

I am not a fan of their format, loud music, shotgun starts, etc... but I also want Ortiz and Munoz to do well.

I thought the same about the gallery.  It is amazing how much money is being thrown at that tour and they aren't drawing flies.

41 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I am not a fan of their format, loud music, shotgun starts, etc... but I also want Ortiz and Munoz to do well.

I thought the same about the gallery.  It is amazing how much money is being thrown at that tour and they aren't drawing flies.

My friend who is really into golf....tells me that the Saudis will keep supporting it. I'm not sure.  I know the Saudis have billions.....but no one likes losing money. And they're bleeding money. Spending millions and millions......and they can't be taking in that much. 

I told my friend....that watching was akin to watching the UFL/XFL compared to the NFL. It's like the fans that are that......are really trying to get into it......but they're almost kinda faking it. 

• Upvote 1

Speaking of this exhibition tour, I was looking at their schedule for the remainder of the year and noticed that the team championships will be in September at the Maridoe Golf Club, home course of your Mean Green Eagles.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...