John Buggs IIII Lands At............................

Just now, greenjoe said:

Extra credit to anyone that can name the ETSU mascot/nickname without looking it up.  I just don’t see that Buggs improved his stock with this move.

Mocassins???

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Is that snake or footwear ?

Either way....I'm wrong. I guess the moccasins are Chatanooga. One of those Tenn. schools. 

• Upvote 1

Was he run out of town? I mean it is pretty curious that he’s gone to a new school every year. Maybe no one can stand him for long? 

He was a pretty useable piece for us who was put in a position to do the things he does well. I enjoyed rooting for him. 

I don’t like it, but I get it if he gets a $$$ P4 offer and takes it. But why would a player like that go from North Texas to East Tennessee (really?) unless he was forced out? 

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

NLI at ETSU is being funded by the Clampett family fortune (acquired from bubbling crude).  There is a lot of cash flowing in from an account at the Commerce Bank of Beverly Hills. The team doctor is old school and she has a tonic that enhances their performance. I wouldn't count them out if I were you.

season 4 showtime GIF by Shameless

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

NLI at ETSU is being funded by the Clampett family fortune (acquired from bubbling crude).  There is a lot of cash flowing in from an account at the Commerce Bank of Beverly Hills. The team doctor is old school and she has a tonic that enhances their performance. I wouldn't count them out if I were you.

Angry Black And White GIF by Laff

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

Even though I was not a great fan of Buggs, I thought he would have got a lot more interest.  

My guess is that he was steered toward the portal by Hodges.  I would guess unless you are a genuine star, there is not much demand for an one year player to be primarily a backup at an average program.  

I give him credit, when he was hitting a high percentage of threes; he could win games for the team.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, greenjoe said:

Call me crazy, but as the former top scorer at San Antonio and a starter here, I think had he stayed here, he would have been considered a star.  

Apparently the basketball world does not agree, or he would have signed somewhere a little higher on the athletic food chain.  

He was primarily a starter at NT, but only averaged 7.1 pts and 2.1 rbs a game.  You and I seem to have a big difference in our definition of what qualifies as a star.  

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

So I'm curious about the transfer portal process (I guess I haven't paid that much attention)

Once you enter the portal, is it you're jumping all in, no net? So you have to be pretty confident you are going to better your situation (program wise, NIL $$ wise, etc) Is there no safety net there? Assuming the team you are leaving would prefer you didn't leave?

Could Buggs have said "man coach, I messed up, can I please come back?"

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

So I'm curious about the transfer portal process (I guess I haven't paid that much attention)

Once you enter the portal, is it you're jumping all in, no net? So you have to be pretty confident you are going to better your situation (program wise, NIL $$ wise, etc) Is there no safety net there? Assuming the team you are leaving would prefer you didn't leave?

Could Buggs have said "man coach, I messed up, can I please come back?"

Not only that.....a guy can leave a place where he's had a scholarship....enter the portal....not be picked up by anyone....and now he's even out a free education. 

• Upvote 2