On a scale of 1 to 10...

21 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

The same number of great players, Dickerson, James, etc..., that would have signed with SMU without a paycheck, new car and coke fueled coed.

A lot of us academic students committed because of the coke-fueled coeds

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DentonStang said:

A lot of us academic students committed because of the coke-fueled coeds

back in my day, it was cock-fueled coeds...

• Confused 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

On 6/1/2024 at 11:35 PM, jdennis82 said:

I think what everyone's experiencing is less a decline in excitement about the upcoming season but more a setting in to being unaffected by offseason news/rumors.

Since verbal commitments are increasingly flimsy and spring rosters are no indication of how things will look in the fall, it's hard to feel emotional investment in the spring is justified.

Once the ball's kicked off in September, I think we'll all be back where we were in terms of engagement.

NIL/portal has lessened my interest in college football in general but my lack of enthusiasm for this season mostly revolves around Morris. The lack of a defense kills my confidence in a good season (and then anyone worth a damn will get plucked by a p4). 

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, 97and03 said:

NIL/portal has lessened my interest in college football in general but my lack of enthusiasm for this season mostly revolves around Morris. The lack of a defense kills my confidence in a good season (and then anyone worth a damn will get plucked by a p4). 

Totally agree.  Morris has been a big disappointment.  Ever since the Cal game.  He really blew that one.

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, ColoradoEagle said:

The fact that we kept Matt Caponi after last year has me at about a 1.5.

I hear you, but I lay much of his failure at the feet of  Morris for not addressing needs on the defensive side of the ball.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1.5 , I have never been less excited for the season to start.  It combination of things, NIL, bring back the worse DC coordinator in the college football for another season.i bought my season tickets but not sure how many I will make and I live in Denton.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1