The problem with the current system and the state of affairs is that the best and brightest don't want to subject themselves to what it takes to run.  As stated earlier, Trump's a blowhard narcissist and Biden is the useful idiot being played like a puppet.

There are a number of people I would vote for, but they aren't running so I am left with a choice between the two above.  I'll take mean tweets, low gas prices, enemies that don't step out of line, no wars, border security and putting our needs first over weak foreign policy, placating to every voting block out there, constant lies, terrible economy, record inflation, etc... 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

How anyone could think either Trump or Biden are good people is beyond me. They’re both snakes.  It’s a sad commentary on America when these are the choices for President.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Coffee and TV said:

Guy who did a nazi tweet is too far left, haahahahaha. 

This was called "a nazi tweet" by members of the mainstream media.  The characterization is absurd. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I didn't/won't vote for either one of these buffoons.

And the trial held a criminal accountable... which is a good thing!

Some folks obviously see things quite differently. 

https://www.sfgate.com/tech/article/trump-conviction-musk-sacks-maguire-19488628.php

Minutes after the news broke, Sequoia Capital investor Shaun Maguire posted a 3,500-word treatise to X, explaining why he’d just donated $300,000 to the former president.

Maguire, whose Menlo Park-based investment firm has money in OpenAI, Stripe and other top startups, wrote that he’d donated to Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign and voted for her. But now he’s changed his mind: “I believe this is one of the most important elections of my lifetime, and I’m supporting Trump.”

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

Some folks obviously see things quite differently. 

https://www.sfgate.com/tech/article/trump-conviction-musk-sacks-maguire-19488628.php

Minutes after the news broke, Sequoia Capital investor Shaun Maguire posted a 3,500-word treatise to X, explaining why he’d just donated $300,000 to the former president.

Maguire, whose Menlo Park-based investment firm has money in OpenAI, Stripe and other top startups, wrote that he’d donated to Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign and voted for her. But now he’s changed his mind: “I believe this is one of the most important elections of my lifetime, and I’m supporting Trump.”

Wow. A self-important rich white dude has an opinion. 

what are the chances he has a podcast, too?

• Upvote 4
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

This was called "a nazi tweet" by members of the mainstream media.  The characterization is absurd. 

Someone did some very basic research and found that he was lying about those numbers no less. Did you know he had a brain worm and it died of starvation?

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Wow. A self-important rich white dude has an opinion. 

what are the chances he has a podcast, too?

The same article states:

"Sacks, along with investor Chamath Palihapitiya, are slated to host a fundraiser for Trump in San Francisco on June 6..."

What insult will you choose for Palihapitiya?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, Coffee and TV said:

Someone did some very basic research and found that he was lying about those numbers no less. Did you know he had a brain worm and it died of starvation?

I think you are referring to the info contained in the "Readers added content" above. His 14 day statement and the added content statement are not mutually exclusive. As for the 88 days he says that is how long he had waited up to that point. You may not like RFK Jr. or his politics but he is no NAZI.  Although he is to liberal for me I find him to be straightforward and honest in the interviews I have seen.  As for the brain worm I think they usually die.  

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Posted (edited)

This from a CNN contributor posted in “X”. 

Elie Honig wrote this for “The Intelligencer”

qxjhM55m_x96.jpg

CNN Senior Legal Analyst Describes How The Trump Conviction Was A Political Hit Job 1. "The judge donated money... in plain violation of a rule prohibiting New York judges from making political donations—to a pro-Biden, anti-Trump political operation." 2. Alvin Bragg boasted on the campaign trail in an overwhelmingly Democrat county, “It is a fact that I have sued Trump over 100 times.” 3. "Most importantly, the DA’s charges against Trump push the outer boundaries of the law and due process." 4. "The charges against Trump are obscure, and nearly entirely unprecedented. In fact, no state prosecutor — in New York, or Wyoming, or anywhere — has ever charged federal election laws as a direct or predicate state crime, against anyone, for anything. None. Ever." 5. The DA inflated misdemeanors past the statute of limitations and "electroshocked them back to life" by alleging the falsification of business records was committed 'with intent to commit another crime.' 6. "Inexcusably, the DA refused to specify what those unlawful means actually were — and the judge declined to force them to pony up — until right before closing arguments. So much for the constitutional obligation to provide notice to the defendant of the accusations against him in advance of trial." 7. "In these key respects, the charges against Trump aren’t just unusual. They’re bespoke, seemingly crafted individually for the former president and nobody else." 8. "The Manhattan DA’s employees reportedly have called this the “Zombie Case” because of various legal infirmities, including its bizarre charging mechanism. But it’s better characterized as the Frankenstein Case, cobbled together with ill-fitting parts into an ugly, awkward, but more-or-less functioning contraption that just might ultimately turn on its creator." Link to full article below.
Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

The Judge donated $15 to the Biden Campaign. Even though an ethics violation was not enforced he still should have recused himself for the appearance of impropriety.

As for the law, the felony charge under NY Statute 175.10 was dependent on a violation of 175.05 (a misdemeanor). The statute of limitations was 2 years on 175.05 and had expired so how could there be a violation of 175.10?.   

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 2

On 6/1/2024 at 10:17 AM, MCMLXXX said:

The Judge donated $15 to the Biden Campaign. Even though an ethics violation was not enforced he still should have recused himself for the appearance of impropriety.

Wow that's crazy. Wait til you hear how unethical half our Supreme Court is. I can tell by your post you're also not keeping up with all the brick walls Judge Cannon keeps throwing up to protect Trump before the election. But yeah, a $15 really proves he's willing to throw out the law in one of the most important trials in the history of the country....

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

• KingDL1 unpinned this topic

15+ million dead.  And that twisted old douchebager is still doing talk shows.  Yeah, I trust the science, all right.

Meanwhile, there's this today:

"My prepared remarks will take about seven minutes. A more detailed set of remarks has been
provided to be entered into the record.

My approach to the origin of the COVID pandemic that killed 15+ million people worldwide,
caused over 20 trillion dollars in economic damage, and changed the world forever is based on
six approaches to the data and the events.

Before I start, I want to note something Dr. Garry said privately: “Someone should tell Nature
(meaning the British journal) that the fish market probably did not start the outbreak.”
While it would be easy for me to just agree with Dr. Garry and call it a day, I am a scientist and
so will provide my independent analysis.

I will describe the six approaches at a high level and then go into each one in detail...

First, the virus was spreading in Wuhan in the early fall of 2019, two to four months before the
first case in the Hunan Seafood Market. This is supported by fourteen observations or evidence.
This should be sufficient to dismiss the Hunan Market as the source of the outbreak.

Second, I look at the data from the market, including human infections, animal samples, and
environmental specimens. This involves looking at eight observations or evidence. None of these
data are consistent with an infected animal passing SARS2 to a human at the market.

Third, documented events at or related to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, or WIV, beginning in
March 2019, are consistent with the expected activities of a virology lab in which a laboratory-
acquired infection has occurred. I will go through that timeline.

Fourth, the evidence that is found in a natural zoonosis with respect to the animal host, the virus,
and the human population in the vicinity of the outbreak is missing for the COVID pandemic.
Each of these three components of a zoonosis will be examined separately and each will be
found wanting.

Fifth, the genome of SARS-CoV-2 has seven features that would be expected to be found in a
virus constructed in a laboratory and which are not found in viruses from nature.
The statistical
probability of finding each feature in nature can be determined and the combined probability that
SARS2 came from nature is less than one in 1.2 billion.

These same features were described in a grant application submitted to DARPA in 2018 by
scientists from the WIV, together with US collaborators.

Sixth and final, the earliest genomes of SARS2 were unstable and could not have come from an
animal host without the stabilizing mutation, the so-called D614G change, that appeared in
human viruses beginning January 1st , 2020. The consequence of this is that I can conclude that
the first human infection occurred soon after the insertion of the furin cleavage site in the
laboratory and before extensive animal testing. Otherwise, the first human cases would have had
this stabilizing mutation.

It also means that the unstable version of SARS2 could not have been circulating in animals,
otherwise it would have acquired the stabilizing mutation. If any virologist can find an animal
host that can transmit the unstable ancestral SARS2 five or more times without obtaining the
stabilizing mutation, they have found a hypothetical candidate for a spillover host. All testing to
date of potential hosts has failed this test."

Quay Testimony

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/31/2024 at 1:39 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

This is an evil man, who does evil things without an ounce of remorse (instead, immediately blaming others & calling himself "a very innocent man").  

Still waiting on the list of “evil things” this “evil man” has done. I hear this claim often and nobody ever answers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Still waiting on the list of “evil things” this “evil man” has done. I hear this claim often and nobody ever answers. 

He tried to stage a coup to stay in power and still denies that he lost an election. And the GOP response to this was to not only let him escape punishment, but actively help him become president again. Sick man leading a sick political party.

• Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

16 hours ago, LongJim said:

15+ million dead.  And that twisted old douchebager is still doing talk shows.  Yeah, I trust the science, all right.

Trump's response to Covid was to keep quiet on how bad it actually was, and told everyone it would disappear like a miracle by summer. Republicans can't admit that the grifter game show host was so inept they have to make up conspiracies where the nerd doctor invented Covid. 

Also, we might have been able to keep an eye on what potential coronaviruses were on the horizon right before Covid, but Trump cut that back for whatever reason.

The Trump administration cut staff by more than two-thirds at a key U.S. public health agency operating inside China, as part of a larger rollback of U.S.-funded health and science experts on the ground there leading up to the coronavirus outbreak, Reuters has learned.

The Atlanta-based CDC, America’s preeminent disease fighting agency, provides public health assistance to nations around the world and works with them to help stop outbreaks of contagious diseases from spreading globally. It has worked in China for 30 years.

The CDC’s China headcount has shrunk to around 14 staffers, down from approximately 47 people since President Donald Trump took office in January 2017, the documents show. The four people, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the losses included epidemiologists and other health professionals.

• Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1