Update 9/9: UNT Allotment Sold Out, Infantry Discount Available Till Thursday 3pm - Mean Green Invasion of Lubbock

10 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I love sitting with my fellow Mean Green, but I hate sitting in 💩 upper-deck seats at sporting events.  How much of an ass are TTech people going to be if I pick something in the section behind our bench? 

I'll never forget being one of a dozen UNT fans at a UNT at UAB game in the old UAB stadium and having a UAB fan who wanted to fight me for clapping after a few favorable UNT plays.  He must have forgotten that he wasn't at Alabama and that Tuscaloosa was a few more exits down the interstate.

I was at the Crabtree catch game sitting with some Texas fans and Tech fans were joking around and talking some smack, but also invited us to their tailgate after the game. I think you will be fine.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, wardly said:

After Saturdays game as the ACC bus was leaving Lubbock at about 11:30 a drunk driver ran into them sending the bus driver, a student, and 2 coaches to the hospital. There is no report on their condition.

All four have minor injuries. 

On 8/19/2024 at 6:24 AM, dodgefan said:

How many fans, do we think we'll have for this "Invasion of Lubbock"?

43 tickets sold through our group alone so far. Imagine our allotment through the ticket office would sell out for a big game, but nothing stopping Tech fans from buying those seats. I also heard the band isn't coming up.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

43 tickets sold through our group alone so far. Imagine our allotment through the ticket office would sell out for a big game, but nothing stopping Tech fans from buying those seats. I also heard the band isn't coming up.

Ridiculous. With the ineptitude that permeates through this athletic department it's not surprising. 

Playing a winnable game vs an in state P4 and you're not going to even send a pep band out there to represent our university on national television. It's as if the athletic department is ran by a fool puppet master regardless of who sits in the athletic director seat. Just terrible decision after terrible decision. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 8/17/2024 at 9:21 PM, untcampbell said:

My recall is they were pretty nice the two times we beat them up there, except for a few drunk students.

GMG

I was gifted my tickets by a tech alum and season ticket holder that I work with who can't make the game. I have been assured that wearing green in his all red section will not cause me any serious problems.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, SlimSlamSlum said:

I was gifted my tickets by a tech alum and season ticket holder that I work with who can't make the game. I have been assured that wearing green in his all red section will not cause me any serious problems.

Yeah best lay low in there.  They may try to pick a fight with you.  These Tech fans are animals.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

On 9/1/2024 at 5:28 PM, Matt from A700 said:

I also heard the band isn't coming up.

I mean this as no knock to the skill level of anyone in the band, but more broadly. The Green Brigade is just kind of boring when it comes to football bands. When I see bands like Tech, Texas A&M, Texas, LSU, etc., it really stands out.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hookset said:

I bought my tickets through the UNT this summer. We are in section 111. Anyone else in this section?

Considering there are no longer tickets being sold on the UNT website for this game, I'd think you'll be good. Although no telling if any Tech fans went on our site and bought some of those.

• Thanks 1

• Matt from A700 changed the title to Update 9/9: UNT Allotment Sold Out, Infantry Discount Available Till Thursday 3pm - Mean Green Invasion of Lubbock

UPDATE 9/9: According to the athletics website, tickets are no longer on sale/available in our allotted sections for the Tech game - so those who worry my efforts hurt our ticket office's sales can rest easy! Meanwhile, my TTU sales rep has informed me that they typically do not sell group tickets the day before the game - so if you're still needing tickets and want to guarantee sitting with other UNT fans, get your requests in by Thursday at 3 p.m. Our group is up to 57!

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2