Kailey Gamble Wraps Up a Great Career

Gamble would have been a hot commodity on the transfer market throughout her time at UNT but was never tempted to leave.

“Coach DeLong and my teammates are what kept me here,” Gamble said. “He had faith in me for a long time. I can do just as much here as I could at a Power Five.”

She’s done plenty already.

https://dentonrc.com/unt-coach-rodney-delong-believed-in-kailey-gamble-setting-her-on-course-for-legendary-career/article_2f56bfad-0fcb-5174-ae8e-36837f70ea06.html

(This is the newsletter from the DRC.  It is free for those that sign up.)

The quote above is why I love this team. She isn't the only one that could have left.  These young ladies have represented our university so well, have fun playing the game and are a joy to watch.  Hope they sweep Charlotte and make a run through the AAC Tournament.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

What, specifically, is not true?

"I can do just as much here as I could at a Power Five."

It seems, similar to last year, we've backed ourselves into a corner & need to win the AAC tournament to make the NCAAs, with our 74 RPI ranking.   

That likely wouldn't be the case for Kailey if she had taken her .316/16/44 line last year and went to a P5 contender somewhere (like a Baylor, TXTech, or Kansas).   

• Puking Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

"I can do just as much here as I could at a Power Five."

It seems, similar to last year, we've backed ourselves into a corner & need to win the AAC tournament to make the NCAAs, with our 74 RPI ranking.   

That likely wouldn't be the case for Kailey if she had taken her .316/16/44 line last year and went to a P5 contender somewhere (like a Baylor, TXTech, or Kansas).   

I suppose that depends on what Power 5 school you go to.  I don't know how likely any of those schools you mentioned are to make the NCAAs--not very, I would think.  Do you know which P5 schools were after Gamble?

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I love the sentiment, and I'm so glad she stayed, but:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkmRO5SJz9L/?img_index=1

...It's not true.

That's not Kailey.

I also think this is why you see us play Okie State and not OU.  DeLong was pissed at the obvious recruiting off our roster by OU.

Edited by UNTLifer

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

That's not Kailey.

I also think this is why you see us play Okie State and not OU.  DeLong was pissed at the obvious recruiting off our roster by OU.

And I like that.   She’s showing the loyalty to our beloved Alma Mater that we all hope the b-ball & football guys would.

Im just saying (& no, @Mean Green 93-98, I don’t know who would have gone after her since she didn’t enter the portal), if she had jumped in the portal after last years stats, she would’ve been highly sought after by teams who have better odds of making the tournament, and play for a natty.

• Upvote 1