Texas A&M to hire Elko from Duke

Big Z

9 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

No, he argued against it but was overruled by Chancellor John Sharp and a majority of the A&M regents. Bjork wanted Fisher, but not with the crazy contract. 

Bjork isn’t getting fired now because he’s helping deflect the heat from Sharp and the Regents. 

No, I'm talking about the 10-year extension in 2021.  Bjork was afraid LSU was going to try and hire Jimbo away in 2021, so he bumped up the salary and started a new 10-year deal...

After signing Fisher to a 10-year, $75 million contract in 2017 to lure him away from Florida State, Texas A&M doubled down in September 2021, extending him through 2031 to the tune of nearly $95 million, fully guaranteed.Nov 12, 2023

31 minutes ago, NT80 said:

No, I'm talking about the 10-year extension in 2021.  Bjork was afraid LSU was going to try and hire Jimbo away in 2021, so he bumped up the salary and started a new 10-year deal...

After signing Fisher to a 10-year, $75 million contract in 2017 to lure him away from Florida State, Texas A&M doubled down in September 2021, extending him through 2031 to the tune of nearly $95 million, fully guaranteed.Nov 12, 2023

I can't remember where I saw the articles, but more than one talked about how Sharp and the regents are keeping a very low profile on this because Sharp was the one leading the charge to sign Fisher to the $95 million guaranteed contract. Bjork wanted to extend Fisher, but not as long and with more performance bonuses than guarantees. Apparently Sharp told Bjork if he wouldn't go along with the deal,  the regents would find someone who would. 

Edited by VideoEagle
  • Oh Boy! 1