Mattress Mac is a bit sensitive

1 hour ago, Green Crazy said:

My apologies. I thought this was from the ALCS.  It's not football but because he played here I thought it was current and sort of relevantish.🙂

Just another way to dig at Astros fans. As an Astros fan that series really hurt but I get wanting to poke at the team that has been on top for a few years. I’ve felt the same about the Yankees in the past. Anyhow, I hold no animosity towards Rangers fans as most of my friends are fans of the Rangers and I will hope for their victory in the World Series.

7 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

RV hasn't been here in 8 years.  Maybe there has been more, but the only sizable donation Mack ever made was to give a middle finger to us.  That guy doesn't give two shits about us.  Sure RV pissed him off, but what about the time before he pissed him off and after he was here? Maybe I'm wrong and he's secretly donating, but that's not his style.

Not true, he gave NT a million.  Not a big donation in his world; but certainly not nothing.  

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Not true, he gave NT a million.  Not a big donation in his world; but certainly not nothing.  

His donation came with the requirement that we name the practice fields after DD, who RV had recently fired.  I have no problem with naming rights attached to certain meaningful donations.  But I think Mattress Mack has since ignored his own school (NT) where he played football and given much more to UH. Proves money doesn't buy good taste or make good decisions.

• Upvote 1

As I recall, MM made the million dollar donation with Dickey present by his side at halftime in the Coliseum.  Then, when RV fired Dickey, MM said he wanted his donation returned, or, that the money be given to the School of Music.  The naming of the practice field was an appeasement to keep the money in the Athletic Department.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Pissed 1