Breaking: New Commit 10/23

TheReal_jayD

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

What can we do? Not give him another contract. Bring in a DC that has some skins on the wall. Eric Morris' job relies on him righting this wrong. I can't possibly imagine it being much better in a year. We we still be in the bottom quarter of defensive statistics in the conference and triple digits nationally. Unless we just kill it in the portal, defensively. Two problems with that... Morris has directly said he's not a huge fan of the portal. And air raid coaches have a very long history of not prioritizing the defensive side of the ball in recruiting. If we think freshmen will save this D, you're wrong. 

We as in us fans that watch the games. I really doubt they get rid of Caponi after one year. If we don't hit the portal and JUCOs for guys that can play right away, it's going to be a disappointment. I have been saying this throughout the season on here and in my chats with other people that follow the program. I mean it's great that some of the Freshman have played meaningful snaps this year but we need guys that can contribute right away. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

He really had zero time to recruit with the late signing of the coaches. He should be able to recruit his players then be able to coach them, and we will see what happens. As far as dollars paid to the DC remember Morris took the cut in pay to increase coaches pay. Morris is definitely looking like a qb whisperer!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wag Tag said:

He really had zero time to recruit with the late signing of the coaches. He should be able to recruit his players then be able to coach them, and we will see what happens. As far as dollars paid to the DC remember Morris took the cut in pay to increase coaches pay. Morris is definitely looking like a qb whisperer!

This. Also, the improvement in our WR depth and the lack of drops this year. This offensive is a thing of beauty. Nobody has stopped it. Time to get our defense in order. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

This. Also, the improvement in our WR depth and the lack of drops this year. This offensive is a thing of beauty. Nobody has stopped it. Time to get our defense in order. 

I personally love this offense.  Would love to see some under-center stuff for the short yardage situation, but man! Morris seems to be merging his Air Raid playbook with something else to include our incredible run game.

I really hope he gets things figured out on the other side of the ball.