Faculty questions remain unanswered as IDEA office closes

• 10 months later...
6 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Have you been in the UNT Library lately? 

About 6 months ago I walked into the library to check it out since I had not been there (the library) in many years.

There are social floors and non-social floors and some glass enclosed study areas but there are no books and certainly no card catalog. The only shelves I saw for books were on the top floor for music students (I think mostly archived stuff). 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

10 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

Have you been in the UNT Library lately? 

About 6 months ago I walked into the library to check it out since I had not been there (the library) in many years.

There are social floors and non-social floors and some glass enclosed study areas but there are no books and certainly no card catalog. The only shelves I saw for books were on the top floor for music students (I think mostly archived stuff). 

We're not talking about outdated or digitized books here, we're talking about a full scale dismantling of a liberal arts college into a conservative think-tank where agenda trumps education. You should familiarize yourself with the entire context of the situation before just brushing it off your shoulders like i'm overreacting. One of the new trustees installed by Desantis last year is the same con artist screaming about CRT a few years ago. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_College_of_Florida

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

3 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

We're not talking about outdated or digitized books here, we're talking about a full scale dismantling of a liberal arts college into a conservative think-tank where agenda trumps education. You should familiarize yourself with the entire context of the situation before just brushing it off your shoulders like i'm overreacting. One of the new trustees installed by Desantis last year is the same con artist screaming about CRT a few years ago. 

CRT is a load of crap

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

The article mentioned as an example:

Some discarded books included "Nine and Counting: The Women of the Senate",

This book was written by Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson in 2000. I have a signed copy at home and have great respect for Kay and I have spoken with her on many occasions. Nonetheless, the book falls under your outdated designation. I could go on but will simply state that the con artists are far left so called progressives who waste taxpayer's money promoting useless degree programs.

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2

40 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

The article mentioned as an example:

Some discarded books included "Nine and Counting: The Women of the Senate",

This book was written by Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson in 2000. I have a signed copy at home and have great respect for Kay and I have spoken with her on many occasions. Nonetheless, the book falls under your outdated designation. I could go on but will simply state that the con artists are far left so called progressives who waste taxpayer's money promoting useless degree programs.

WOW ONE BOOK. I guess we'll just slap the same the same label on the thousands of others thrown out. 

Buddy my wife went to a distinguished liberal arts university and has two degrees in English. I assure you her degree has been anything but worthless. I could go on but I will simply state that the con artists are far right so called conservatives who want to be on the same side of history as Pinochet and Mussolini. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

WOW ONE BOOK. I guess we'll just slap the same the same label on the thousands of others thrown out. 

Buddy my wife went to a distinguished liberal arts university and has two degrees in English. I assure you her degree has been anything but worthless. I could go on but I will simply state that the con artists are far right so called conservatives who want to be on the same side of history as Pinochet and Mussolini. 

That book was one of three that the article highlighted.  

My wife has BA in Communication and MA in Communication, her thesis was published in the Journal of Applied Communication Research, and she received a national award for the top published article in the field of linguistics. My son has a BA in History, and he is a teacher. I am not talking about traditional liberal arts degrees like English, Political Science, History, etc. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

50 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Oh No Wtf GIF by LilLetsOfficial

• Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1