GOMEANGREEN Behind Enemy Lines Series: Cal Preview W/ Bearinsider.com's Jim McGill

TheReal_jayD

question for ya, you are all media and stuff, but is there a reason things are only on video/audio?  i would rather read something than listen to it.  i dont have the earpods in all day or care to listen to a podcast.  am i screwed when it comes to media nowadays and it is all video/podcast?  thanks.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

32 minutes ago, THOR said:

question for ya, you are all media and stuff, but is there a reason things are only on video/audio?  i would rather read something than listen to it.  i dont have the earpods in all day or care to listen to a podcast.  am i screwed when it comes to media nowadays and it is all video/podcast?  thanks.  

You might consider speech to text software.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=speech+to+text+software

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, THOR said:

I think I can answer this question. YouTube/podcasts are a better way for independent freelance media to earn income. You have bigger reach as your videos/podcasts can eventually become recommended content on other football content on those platforms. For example, you watch a YouTube video about Cal football and boom, here comes the next video playing which is a UNT vs Cal preview or it shows up as a recommended video. You may not have searched it but YouTube and other platforms help that content be seen with their algorithms. Much more efficient then generating clicks on a new site while covering the website's overhead costs.

I know many folks who prefer videos and podcasts because they can listen on their drive to work or while doing other things.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I think I can answer this question. YouTube/podcasts are a better way for independent freelance media to earn income. You have bigger reach as your videos/podcasts can eventually become recommended content on other football content on those platforms. For example, you watch a YouTube video about Cal football and boom, here comes the next video playing which is a UNT vs Cal preview or it shows up as a recommended video. You may not have searched it but YouTube and other platforms help that content be seen with their algorithms. Much more efficient then generating clicks on a new site while covering the website's overhead costs.

I know many folks who prefer videos and podcasts because they can listen on their drive to work or while doing other things.

makes perfect sense, i am not one of those.  i like radio in the car...i like to read my news...i guess iḿ an old.  when i am doing other things, i am doing other things, not listening to something in my ear.  the world is passing me by

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, THOR said:

makes perfect sense, i am not one of those.  i like radio in the car...i like to read my news...i guess iḿ an old.  when i am doing other things, i am doing other things, not listening to something in my ear.  the world is passing me by

The goal is to have a mixture and balance between reading content and audio/visual content. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, THOR said:

I think people have just forgotten how to enjoy what they're doing in the moment. My oldest kid almost always has an Airpod in his ear and it drives me nuts. Same when I see people at work with them in. If you're actively talking to somebody over the phone then fine but otherwise let's enjoy the world and people physically around us. All that to say, I don't think you're getting old. I tried listening to podcasts in the car but I couldn't do it and I am by no means old. I may be crazy, though. I regularly drive home with no radio/music on at all.

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

I enjoyed the conversation with Jim McGill. He made an interesting point about the guys from Arizona and Texas already being used to the heat. 407 BBQ would have been a good BBQ recommendation lol.

I need to try that myself.  I have never had it. The redneck sushi at Roosters was my weakness in college. 

• Lovely Take 1

5 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I need to try that myself.  I have never had it. The redneck sushi at Roosters was my weakness in college. 

Roosters is a solid place. That was my go to spot on Wednesdays after accounting classes. At the time, they had $1 domestic drafts.

10 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Roosters is a solid place. That was my go to spot on Wednesdays after accounting classes. At the time, they had $1 domestic drafts.

Applebees @ Teasley/35 on Mondays, that's where it was at!  $1 drafts and bottomless wings.

Stu (sp?) was our waiter and he was awesome!

• Lovely Take 1