GOMEANGREEN Exclusive Interview With New North Texas Commit Rodney Green Jr.

Another nice interview. I also liked that one of the first things Rodney mentioned was academics.

Three things from these last two interviews

1. Both players referenced returning to their High School to speak to players and wanting to give back to the communities.
  2. These players seem eager to prove they belong at the FBS level.
  3. Both players will be here at the start of the summer*

Some people have historically worried about JUCO players, but this could be a very productive pipeline in this new Portal and NIL world. It also seems this staff is placing a high value on character. 

* @TheReal_jayD Do you know if all of the players we have signed (Transfers and HS) will be here at the beginning of June?

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

28 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Another nice interview. I also liked that one of the first things Rodney mentioned was academics.

Three things from these last two interviews

1. Both players referenced returning to their High School to speak to players and wanting to give back to the communities.
  2. These players seem eager to prove they belong at the FBS level.
  3. Both players will be here at the start of the summer*

Some people have historically worried about JUCO players, but this could be a very productive pipeline in this new Portal and NIL world. It also seems this staff is placing a high value on character. 

* @TheReal_jayD Do you know if all of the players we have signed (Transfers and HS) will be here at the beginning of June?

I believe that is the plan. I haven't heard any different 

• Thanks 2

Really enjoyed this.  Another quality addition to the squad.

If they weren't already, these guys are surely going to be checking out the board. Hope they find the community of fans here to be supportive and understand any critic on here to be born of a shared passion for North Texas.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1