For those still believing we should have given Seth more time

Jonnyeagle

3 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

1. Saying we can’t be much worse than last year, and Iowa St had a better defense than us by a wide margin. (Yes I know we can technically be worse this year)

2. Meant moreso the players. I know we ran the veer and shoot, but the players have been recruited for a spread offense. Many from when we we were still running more of an air raid.

Gotcha on #2.  Agree there.  I like the pieces we have on offense.  Need a QB, and that is supposedly Morris’ bread & butter.

For #1, I just can’t quite get on board with the thought that simply because we’re getting the CBs coach from IASt, we should be expecting to get the same exact results as if we hired IASt’s DC.  That’s risky.  And heck Caponi may have his own ideas that are different from what he was coaching in at IASt.

25 minutes ago, Green with Envy said:

Careful there.   You can't be selective when trying to prove a point.

9777611.jpeg16922973.jpeg

They've ditched the nasty-ass black uniforms because they're so damn unattractive, but they've retained what they call their "Smokey Mountain Gray" uniforms for a certain game each year.

If our school colors and branding ever become as recognizable as Tennessee's, and we sell out a 107K seat stadium every week, then maybe we too can monkey with them and do stupid things.

Until then, let's be the Mean Green.

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2