DRC: UNT-UTEP notebook -- Littrell sees growth in program in win over Miners

Brett Vito

Last night had all the potential to be a royal gut kick to all of us in the Mean Green Nation, but instead (for me) it turned into one of my all time favorite Mean Green Moments.  

We should all admit that UTEP was hardly chopped liver.  They have a damn good football program.  We were in hostile territory last night & still came back with a win. How duly impressive. 

Our MG “D” bent but did not break last night. Yes, the great Phil Bennett has his work cut out for him again this season as he needs to quickly develop a defense that for now has much raw talent with good potential.  (I never bet against Phil Bennett—do you)?

Maybe a good NIL program will help him with more additional AAC-type talent, but he ain’t done this Fall, either). 

AB1FC0BD-BA4B-4140-BE48-352F7956A2B2.jpeg.64c1691a0f84307a037c9bf09f9c5138.jpeg

GMG!

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

We should all admit that UTEP was hardly chopped liver.  They have a damn good football program.  We were in hostile territory last night & still came back with a win. How duly impressive. 

GMG!

Friendly reminder that UTEP finished 2021 1-5.  Please don't put that much weight into game 1, win or lose.  They might end up being okay, but as of now they are 1-6 in their last 7.

Having said that, yes! we can definitely celebrate a conference win on the road.

• Upvote 1