Who Am I?

UNTLifer

16 hours ago, Marty said:

Chris Hurd

Not Chris Hurd.

Next Hint:  In high school he played a number of positions including option quarterback, running back, corner back, wide receiver, kicker and punter.  He was also an all-star performer in basketball and baseball.

1 hour ago, Marty said:

Brandon Monroe?

That's a great guess, but not it.  I had forgotten about Monroe.  Good ballplayer out of Electra, if memory serves me correctly.

Next Hint: Became a starter midway through his redshirt freshman year and started the remainder of his career at North Texas.

I was going to guess him but it is probably wrong, however, who here knew that our own Derek Mendoza is the strength coach for the Seattle Mariners’ triple A affiliate?

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/mariners-announce-player-development-and-minor-league-coaching-staffs-for-the-2019-season/

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

Craig Robertson

We have a winner.

Craig Robertson is the second-leading tackler all-time for North Texas, accumulating 381 during his four-year career from 2007-10. His career tackles rank third all-time among Sun Belt Conference schools.

Robertson was a four-year starter and earned all-conference recognition in each of those years, including first team honors as a senior in 2010. His 133 total tackles in 2010 was the second-best ever by a Mean Green defender and is still the fifth-highest total ever in the Sun Belt Conference. He ranked seventh in the NCAA in tackles as a senior. Robertson twice earned the Joe Greene Award as the team's outstanding defensive player.

He signed with the NFL's Cleveland Browns as an undrafted free agent in 2012 and played four years in Cleveland before joining the New Orleans Saints in 2016. He was honored as the Browns NFL Man of the Year in 2014 for his work in the Cleveland community.

I will take a break from this until after the UTEP game.

Edited by UNTLifer