DRC: UNT coach Seth Littrell has promoted Patrick Cobbs to assistant head coach

Brett Vito

I thought Mainord was already Assistant HC?

Upon further review...

@Brett Vito, it appears you missed the bigger story!   According to MGS, Coach Mainord was promoted to "Associate HC"!!!!   This left the opportunity for Coach Cobbs to have the "Assistant HC" job.   
Not sure what the difference in duties are between Associate HC, and Assistant HC, but wow...  What an amazing day!  I'm kinda surprised Coach Passwaters wasn't promoted to "Assistant HC" while Bennett has Littrell over the barrel like he does.

Seriously, any upgrade in job title hopefully comes with a significant bump in pay for Coach Cobbs, who does nothing but churn out high-caliber results from all of his guys while being one of the lowest-paid assistants.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 3/2/2022 at 4:32 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

I thought Mainord was already Assistant HC?

Upon further review...

@Brett Vito, it appears you missed the bigger story!   According to MGS, Coach Mainord was promoted to "Associate HC"!!!!   This left the opportunity for Coach Cobbs to have the "Assistant HC" job.   
Not sure what the difference in duties are between Associate HC, and Assistant HC, but wow...  What an amazing day!  I'm kinda surprised Coach Passwaters wasn't promoted to "Assistant HC" while Bennett has Littrell over the barrel like he does.

Seriously, any upgrade in job title hopefully comes with a significant bump in pay for Coach Cobbs, who does nothing but churn out high-caliber results from all of his guys while being one of the lowest-paid assistants.

I wonder if this promotion has something to do with TCU looking for an "experienced" RB coach to replace coach Samples, who was hired by LA.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

7 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This news broke before Samples to LARams did though.    I think it's really just a reward for excellent work by Coach Cobbs!

Have a strange feeling Seth knew something was happening at TCU. Is this a coincidence? We will never know, but without it is deserved. 

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I think Cobbs loves it at North Texas and was rewarded for a job well done.  The Samples to the NFL and speculation that Cobbs would be targeted as his replacement is just that...speculation.

Well, unlike most speculation on the internet, which is cartoonish at best, this one has a lot of logic to it.