NCAA Football 2005: features

for those of you that do the video game football thing:

this year's NCAA football:

- home field specific chants

- home field advantage: noise level and intimidation factor affect how audibles are heard/not heard and how the

the team performs

- match-up: allows you to place your fast WR on a slow DB and vice-versa

- deeper dynasty mode: monitor team discipline, gpa, and player transfers

- rosters and recruiting improved: you can recruit a player as an 'athlete' and try them out at different positions,

rosters are now expanded to something like 75 players

- "create a fan" allows you to make a fan and customizable game signs

im hoping we see the famous "north! texas!" chant as well as "the grenade" celebration and taylor casey's "gorilla" celebration. most importantly: I WANT OUR FIGHT SONG!

Home field advantage, create a fan, and recruiting athletes sound AWESOME. I can't tell you how many hours I have played the last three versions of this game, and unlike Madden, there is a definite improvement every year.

Will they bring the "playmaker" feature over from Madden, or is that not needed with the new mathup feature?

EA's official word on roster size is 70. I have mixed feelings on the matchup stick.....it is supposed to show which players are "rattled" for that moment. How can a QB in real life tell if a DB is "rattled"??????

Edited by Got5onIt

The expanded roster size was a must. I was suprised they didn't bump it up for 2004. Having only 55 spots counting the redshirts is a pretty small roster of players for D-1.

I wonder how they will handle the conference realignment situation? Put the teams in the conference they are in now, have them automatically switch after a year, or make lateral conference movement an option (not just "moving up") for both user and CPU teams?

Guest e-bone

One thing I would like to see added is to have facilities be one of the factors in recruiting. And I would also like to see a sort of miny Owner Mode in respects to being able to build a new stadium, upgrade facilities, and whatnot. Except it wouldn't involve money, but maybe have like an alumni/university support meter or something like that, and when you get to a certain support level you can build a new stadium or upgrade certain facilities.

And since they are putting in transfers, I think that the feature of signing players in MVP 2004 should be used. That way you could sign a recruit to be a starter, backup, "franchise" player, etc.... And if you don't use the player the way you told them you would they might transfer. That would also affect recruiting, in that you might have to sign a 2 or 3 star recruit to be a backup because a 5 star recruit would rather go somewhere else and start. That would help with being able to stack teams with all the best recruits year in and year out like was the case in 2004 after you started winning.

They still aren't gonna put March Madness on the GameCube. That is a game I would get for sure, but they still won't have it for my console. sad.gif

One thing I dread about NCAA Football is typing in all the names. I had about 4/5ths done on last years, and accidentally erased the roster file. That was HOURS of hard work down the drain.

e-bone, that'd be sweet, with the alumni/contributor standings based on your wins, etc. as for conference realignment:

-allow for realignment of ALL schools at the start of dynasty mode. this just in case the conf's change and that way, the players can also fiddle around with what would happen if school X was win conference X.

-during dynasty mode, allowing teams to shift in any direction on the conference ladder, possibly with shuffles every 2 years or at the player's discretion, to be set at the start of dynasty mode?

-i think they'll leave the conf's as they are just before the season starts.

it did make me happy that roster size expanded because i really couldn't stand cutting players that could have had real impact in 2 or 3 seasons in the future.

One thing I dread about NCAA Football is typing in all the names.  I had about 4/5ths done on last years, and accidentally erased the roster file.  That was HOURS of hard work down the drain.

I did that for 2003.

Last year, I bought a memory card with the rosters off E-Bay and LOVED it.

One thing I dread about NCAA Football is typing in all the names.  I had about 4/5ths done on last years, and accidentally erased the roster file.  That was HOURS of hard work down the drain.

There is a product available just for you. I bought something called action replay last year for my xbox. You can download game saves from the internet onto a memory card (which comes with the action replay). More importantly, you can download FULL rosters from people who are diligent enough to put in the whole NCAA roster. They then post it to the net. You can download it and there you have it. The announcers will even then say, "Hall throws it deep" and things like that (For simple names, Pettit didn't make it).

I am sure they have something similar for it on GameCube.

Edited by Zeke