I hate Highland Park High School!!!!!

Back in my HS days (90-94) at Garland Naaman Forest, we were 4A and district rivals to HP.

My HS was brand spankin new and thus struggled a bit in sports. I remember those HP thugs coming to our stadium via Greyhound buses and their fans bring signs to games saying "Cash beats Trash", etc.....

We always were dumbfounded as most of our students were from affluent neighborhoods such as Firewheel, but that's not the point.

Anyways, my HS experience playing them has always left a bitter taste in my mouth!

So, I get up this morning and read in the DMN that once again HP has managed to stay in 4A, missing the jump to 5A by 3 students! Yes 3 students!!!

The article in the DMN talks about how their football coach was quote " Relieved" they were staying in 4A.

So while my HS, which took the leap years ago to 5A, and powerhouse teams like Denton Ryan are moving up, Highland Park struggles every year to keep its enrollment low so it can play teams like Forney, Terrell and Wylie.

There is also an interesting quote that their FB coach thought their enrollment was higher than they ended up reporting? Cooking the books perhaps?

In 4A, Highland Park balanced itself on the bubble and remained in that class. Highland Park athletic director and football coach Randy Allen had gone into realignment believing Highland Park's student enrollment was 1,926. But Allen said he had the number wrong as school district officials turned in an enrollment of 1,921 that was just below the 5A cutoff of 1,924.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...t.774a4fb8.html

Perhaps I'm a little jaded to dislike this school so much.... Is it the fact they beat us most of the time? Is it that in a brawl that broke out during a basketball game my GF was punched in the face by one of those punks? Perhaps it is the fact they remind me so much of $MU in their "We're better than you attitude"?

Last quote about them cowards:

HP coach relieved to remain in Class 4A

In his 22 years of coaching, Highland Park's Randy Allen had never been so uncertain in the moments leading up to realignment.

High schools

UIL realignment

UIL realignment: No great shakes

Denton Ryan will test its mettle at 5A level

Realignment notebook: Errors kept to minimum

David McNabb's look at local districts (.pdf)

District-by-district listings (from UIL official site)

More high schools

But he and the rest of Highland Park's coaches were relieved to hear that they would remain in Class 4A, as the school fell just four students shy of the 1,925 cutoff for Class 5A.

Allen said prior to the realignment announcement, he mistakenly told SportsDay that his school's enrollment was 1,926 – a number that would have put Highland Park into Class 5A.

Highland Park has been in Class 4A since 1988.

Paul J. Weber

I will also miss Denton Ryan in 4A! I loved that 45-21 drubbing they gave the Scots this year in the playoffs! laugh.gif

Even back in the '50s Highland Park HS was a force in football. When we (Hillcrest) played them at their stadium in the early sixties, we had built a solid 21-7 lead. Going into late in the 3rd quarter the entire HP rooting section stood up and started shouting, "We will win. We will win.) over and over. And guess what, they did!

There were a lot of cute girls to date there at HP but I had a better source, (I was a lifeguard over at Hockaday School!) It was a tough job but somebody had to be the only man in sight! rolleyes.gif

Even back in the '50s Highland Park HS was a force in football.    When we (Hillcrest) played them at their stadium  in the early sixties, we had built a solid 21-7 lead.    Going into late in the 3rd quarter the entire HP rooting section stood up and started shouting, "We will win.  We will win.) over and over.  And guess what, they did!   

There were a lot of cute girls to date there at HP but I had a better source,  (I was a lifeguard over at Hockaday School!)  It was a tough job but somebody had to be the only man in sight!        rolleyes.gif

There were a lot of cute girls to date there at HP but I had a better source, (I was a lifeguard over at Hockaday School!) It was a tough job but somebody had to be the only man in sight! 

Hockaday girls were definitely still hot when I was in HS!

biggrin.gif

I taught a drill team summer camp over at SMU a couple years ago, and the Highland Park drill team was there. I must say, I dont understand how every single one of them was absolutely gorgeous! Must be something in the water.

My theory is this:

1. Good looking people have an easier time making money; Just human nature

2. Good looking women tend to have an easier time finding rich husbands; It's the truth!

3. Rich men have an easier time getting hot trophy wives

So, this is when genetics come into play as good looking people tend to have good looking kids!

It is also easier to be good looking when you have money to blow on plastic surgery, personal trainers and your typical maintenance (Dentist, etc...).

Additionally, a lack of overall stress will also keep you youthful and attractive.

Thow in the fact that we live in Texas and there you go!

biggrin.gif