WOW, 30 (yes THIRTY) players for GMG Bowl I

I am PUMPED that we have so many players for GMG Bowl I. Even if we have some no-shows, each team is going to have a pool of 15 players each to play, give breaks to, and have a blast. Good to see some new people getting involved and a welcome back to some old friends that I have not seen in awhile. Add in all the non-players that have said they are coming and I expect 50-60 people to show up for GMG Bowl I. What a nice development! I hope to see this event grow over time and maybe we can have enough for 4 teams next year with a championship game and all!

Everyone please bring a buck to the game. I am going to go by some awards (most athletic, least athletic, and winning team captain) so if everyone can bring one dollar each than that should cover the cheapo trophies that I buy.

Might also want to bring a couple dollars for tailgating. I think we're going to try for hot links, chips, beer/coke, and Brooklyn's cookies (and whatever else anyone wants to bring). If the GreenBackers want to do a dual thing with the South Alabama tailgate (Jan 31), I think that'd work the best. Thoughts?

Kevin, I will bring hot links for you. I will plan on bringing about a 40 count. If someone else would bring the buns and catsup then that would be swell... but I love those Hot Link that we had for the Cajun game so I will pick up some for this tailgating event. Thanks for sticking with it when skeptics (like myself) were dogging on the basketball team. I am still not convinced that we are very good, but sitting with the fellow Greenbackers is entertainment enough for this old fan...

Kevin, I will bring hot links for you.  I will plan on bringing about a 40 count.  If someone else would bring the buns and catsup then that would be swell... but I love those Hot Link that we had for the Cajun game so I will pick up some for this tailgating event.  Thanks for sticking with it when skeptics (like myself) were dogging on the basketball team.  I am still not convinced that we are very good, but sitting with the fellow Greenbackers is entertainment enough for this old fan...

Excellent, can one of you guys also bring that kiddie pool for the drinks?...I've got the buns, condiments, grill, charcoal, heater, etc, no problem. I'll probably also pick up about 30 links assuming your 50-60 estimate is correct. GangGreen donated some cash, and Talons are looking to help out, so we'll get some stuff going (anyone, please PM me or reply in the "Your Tailgater" thread if you're interested in helping out).

As far as the basketball stuff, it's great having you out stebo. We're tied for 1st place in the Sun Belt right now, and I'd still be out there even if we were tied for last. The games are lots of fun. biggrin.gif