FAU

southsideguy

We have been victim to the qb run play many times this year.  I think we had UTSA 3rd and 15 and we let the qb get a first down and the qb had TD run also.  The FAU qb had 4 rushing TD last game.  We seem to have a lot of trouble with that play and it looks like a play by design not just a qb scrambling. When the qb hits the line of scrimmage it looks like no one is even close to him.  I know we will see this play a lot in the rest of the games.  We need to find a way to stop that play.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

We have been victim to the qb run play many times this year.  I think we had UTSA 3rd and 15 and we let the qb get a first down and the qb had TD run also.  The FAU qb had 4 rushing TD last game.  We seem to have a lot of trouble with that play and it looks like a play by design not just a qb scrambling. When the qb hits the line of scrimmage it looks like no one is even close to him.  I know we will see this play a lot in the rest of the games.  We need to find a way to stop that play.

English will shut all that down once back in the lineup.

GMG!

13 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Nope.  He got his bell rung, fumbled the ball, and one of his OL picked up a subsequent UNT fumble in the end zone.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

The ruling on the field was, “the fumble was recovered by the offense in the end zone for a touchdown.” The ruling on the field was confirmed after review.

If our defensive player would have fallen on the ball instead of standing up and trying to pick the ball up it would have been North Texas ball and no touchdown.

Instead a UTSA player came out of the pile in the end zone with the ball.

• Upvote 1