UAB coming in bowed up at 2-1

Harry

3 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

To be clear, it is not an entirely new roster.  Several players remain from the bowl-eligible 2014 team, who have lost no eligibility but have continued practicing and training for the past 3 years with an FBS coaching staff.

And Bill Clark is an impressive coach, no doubt.  Without him, UAB might not have reinstated their football program.

There are only maybe two starters left from that 2014. There is zero excuse to lose to this team. If this turns out to be a loss, the wheels have come off.

Another thing, what are you doing with your life if you have 7 years to play college football? Get multiple masters? 

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

There are only maybe two starters left from that 2014. There is zero excuse to lose to this team. If this turns out to be a loss, the wheels have come off.

Another thing, what are you doing with your life if you have 7 years to play college football? Get multiple masters? 

No excuses, but there are reasons.  If UAB outprepares, outcoaches, and outplays us, we will lose.  Simple as that.

• Lovely Take 1

9 hours ago, BeliefBlazer said:

We've not been able to establish any consistent passing game. Your defense should key in on the run and force our receivers to show up. Our special teams have been less-than-special at critical moments. Bill Clark will make us respectable but I'm not expecting miracles in our 1st season back. 

If you had not said, "Bill Clark will make us...", I would not have known if you were talking about UNT or UAB.

Sounds like an even matchup to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This game will be a UNT victory by at least 2 TDs, bare minimum. This was always going to be one of our two guaranteed wins and that is still the case. I said we would be 2-2 after 4 games, beating the two teams we should, losing to the two teams we should.

Realistically, if you are thinking about competitiveness, after this week's UAB game, I suspect we will find out quite a bit about our squad. The next games are against teams we need to be able to compete with ASAP, including La Tech, UTSA, and USM, who are the three bellcows of CUSA West. If we lose to both USM and UTSA after this, you are making 6 wins really tough to reach. And if you reach 6-6, but your losses are to SMU, Iowa, USM, UTSA, LT, and to Army, those 6 wins will be over the Murderer's Row of Lamar, UAB, FAU, ODU, UTEP, and Rice, none of who are going to help you even make a dent in your recruiting issues...if we don't get to 6-6, its going to be disappointing and if we cannot get to 5 wins, I am going to start believing that we are stuck, as in stuck with a coach and his system that aren't changing anything here, stuck in the recruiting rut that we cannot get out of, and stuck as a program that is really spinning its wheel at a level of play that we aren't made for. We cannot lose more than 6 games against this schedule--its the easiest we have faced since we came back to FBS play (by a mile...). And losing this week isn't even worth thinking about...or else you are staring 1-11 deep in the chest again, just two years later after the Portland State massacre.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1