Jareid Combs FA to Jets

Marty

12 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Congratulations to Jareid.  Go Jets. 

Any word about Eric Keena ?

GO MEAN GREEN

Been looking and can't find anything. Would guess that maybe he gets something closer to the time for rookie camps or even Training Camp. 

NFL.com had him ranked and he was in the post-season show-cases, I would think he atleast can get a try. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, greenjoe said:

Congratulations to Jareid.  Go Jets. 

Any word about Eric Keena ?

GO MEAN GREEN

Kickers so rarely get picked up in the draft though. If he does well in camps, I really doubt he gets completely passed over. I think there were 1 or 2 drafted this year.

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

Was Jamize Olawale a UDFA?  He's still with the Raiders.

Yeah man...he was undervalued with us but did well in camp or something and got picked up. He didn't really have enough game time to even be on anyone's radar for the draft.

On 4/30/2017 at 0:02 AM, DeepGreen said:

Was Jamize Olawale a UDFA?  He's still with the Raiders.

He wasn't even at FB when he came out of school. The Cowboys had him tryout, signed him as a rookie, and moved him there. They liked him a lot and he had a great pre-season, but he got waived and signed w the practice squad so they could keep another RB (Tanner?). 

Maybe halfway through the season, the Raiders ran low on RBs (McFragile, you know), and they signed him. He made his bones on ST and over time got more and more looks. And they kept him. 

UDFA, special teams, hard work. That will be the common thread for most of our guys to make it in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2017 at 5:36 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

The Jets punter was ranked near the bottom of the league last year.

That is good to hear. While Keena is on a try out, if he kicks well then he could get an invite to Camps. Most teams will take multiple K/P into TC.

The only question is about his leg strength in the meadowlands. 

12 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

That is good to hear. While Keena is on a try out, if he kicks well then he could get an invite to Camps. Most teams will take multiple K/P into TC.

The only question is about his leg strength in the meadowlands. 

the nfl hasn't adopted the rugby style punter like the college level, but i could see that benefiting the winds in the meadowlands.

On 5/5/2017 at 3:51 PM, Green Crazy said:

the nfl hasn't adopted the rugby style punter like the college level, but i could see that benefiting the winds in the meadowlands.

we can hope. Just saying if Combs and Keena both catch on, in NYC that could be good for UNT football