RIP Willie Hubbard

sparkmank

Way too young. I am not too familiar with the situation & didn't know Willie personally but anyone who did, has spoken very highly of the man he was. Many former players have reached out to pay tribute to Willie, but looks as if he has passed due to cancer. Some things just don't make sense, let's keep the Hubbard family in our thoughts & prayers. 

• Upvote 4

I really hate to hear this. I met him a few years ago at the Champs in the Grapevine Mills Mall. He was a very friendly kid. I was buying a UNT shirt for my wife, and he asked if I went to any football games. I told him that I was a season ticket holder. He shook my hand, and introduced himself. He told me to be on the lookout for his number during the year, and that he was working there for extra money during the summer.

• Upvote 6

Wow, sorry for the loss to all who knew him.  I did happen to speak to his girlfriend, when I saw her wearing a jersey with his name/number on it, maybe it was at a spring game.  I knew he had gone to school here in Euless, so spoke to her. I could tell she was in love with the man, and quite proud of him.  Glad to see he got his UNT degree, and that he was well loved.

Edited by eulessismore