Possible indoor practice facility location

ipd054

I was looking through the 2013 master plan and found the two attached maps. One showing the location of the soccer and track and field facility. The other showing a location for the indoor Fieldhouse facility. The stated location for the soccer and track and field facility matches the plan so I wonder if the IPF is going to go in that location as well?

Indoor Fieldhouse Facility.JPG

Track and Field-Soccer.JPG

3 hours ago, ipd054 said:

I was looking through the 2013 master plan and found the two attached maps. One showing the location of the soccer and track and field facility. The other showing a location for the indoor Fieldhouse facility. The stated location for the soccer and track and field facility matches the plan so I wonder if the IPF is going to go in that location as well?

Hope you are wrong! Would like to see it closer to Ap!

Current location of the overflow parking for volleyball, soccer, softball and basketball practice parts of Mean Green Village. Former site of Liberty Christian softball stadium I think. 

For a while before we found out that the Track and Field stadium was just gonna have soccer practice in the middle and not a new soccer competition field, I thought the current soccer field would be the perfect place for an indoor practice facility. It's right across from the Athletic Center and right next to softball, soccer, volleyball, golf, tennis etc. 

Point being this isn't the SEC where every sport gets their own individual indoor practice place. A lot of places with indoor facilities use them for multiple sports.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ipd054 said:

That would be a very small IPF. As in 'why bother to have one' small...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A good spot for the IPF could be the football practice field next to the dorm.  You then build to connect it to the Athletic Center increasing its space as well.  The intramural field could be converted to the a second outdoor football field.  The intramural fields should be on the other side of the interstate where kids in dorms can more easily access it. 

• Upvote 2

I would have the IPF run perpendicular to the Athletic Center going from the existing outdoor field towards the IM field (IM field gets relocated). You end up with the same orientation as Apogee's field. The outdoor practice fields then fill the gap between the IPF and Bonnie Brae. You could also use some of that land next to the bus stop to add a new, larger weight room, offices, the new nutrition stuff that Baker mentioned in his letter, etc. that is connected/part of the IPF.

• Upvote 4

I also agree that it should be close to the current facilities.  I would assume we are looking at an IPF with an 100  yard field.  Someone mentioned the one on the master plan looked small.  Have they discussed square footage?

3 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

I would have the IPF run perpendicular to the Athletic Center going from the existing outdoor field towards the IM field (IM field gets relocated). You end up with the same orientation as Apogee's field. The outdoor practice fields then fill the gap between the IPF and Bonnie Brae. You could also use some of that land next to the bus stop to add a new, larger weight room, offices, the new nutrition stuff that Baker mentioned in his letter, etc. that is connected/part of the IPF.

We could add quite a bit of SQ footage to the AC pretty easily when the time comes.  There is room to West Side as well as building over the "Deck" area that is there now.  You can also expand South like stated above.  If you really want to get creative they could expand North, turning the drive area for the stadium now into a tunnel with portions of the AC built over top of it.

Edited by GreenN'walinsVet
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

I think we basically have the same idea. 

According to “The Wren” … “I want to share a few of the projects we are working to complete: •    Athletic Facility Master Plan that will provide a facility road map for North Texas Athletics for the next 15-20 years.” 

So I believe that the location will change, but it is interesting that the track facility had a soccer field inside the track in 2013 and an Indoor facility was on the plan as well.