DLine Coach prospects?

Cr1028

I'm wondering if we have this guy in the pool. He coached Jojo Ozougwu's big brother in HS. Has coached Texas HS football for over a decade, has coached DLine for a few years now, and has a 6'5" son who plays basketball. 

I remember people were high on Eric Roark before we hired LeBlanc.

Kwahn Drake, Marc Yellock, Jon Fabris, and Brett Diersen were also mentioned from what I recall.

Any thoughts on guys you think are likely or guys you just would like that we have a reasonable shot of getting?

I would say Rodrique Wright who is currently the DL coach at Sam Houston.  Was a all American DL at UT and bounced around the NFL and Canada.  Was a big time NFL prospect until he messed up his shoulder.  I'm sure UNT could poach him from Sam.  Texas ties, college experience, little pro ball and he's from the middle of one of the hottest recruiting areas in the nation...Alief/Fort Bend.

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

The question should be, does Reff has a say(which I would assume) and if he does, now much.. or is this someone SL is bringing in?

I'm just saying from a philosophy stand point, if you want to run a 3-3-5 with a lot stunts on the DLine, would it not make the most sense to hire a guy who has experience teaching this system? Especially when that system was run very efficiently(at ULM)?

• Upvote 1

Just now, MGNation92 said:

I'm just saying from a philosophy stand point, if you want to run a 3-3-5 with a lot stunts on the DLine, would it not make the most sense to hire a guy who has experience teaching this system? Especially when that system was run very efficiently(at ULM)?

I would totally agree, and with the # of DLine guys that we lost this year, it would be best to find someone who is familiar with what Reff expects/ wants.. I'm also assuming Todd was with Reff when they beat Arkansas(?)

On 2/15/2017 at 10:17 PM, MGNation92 said:

Now that Reffett is the sole DC I said Everett Todd, his old DL coach at ULM

http://www.gsutigers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=318&path=football

Rice grad? I am good with that plus tons of experience. Maybe wanted the DC job to move up to a DC D1 job since he was a D1 DL coach prior?

• Upvote 1